The old saying goes: “Out with the old and in with the new.”
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton lost his sponsorship deal from Dannon after making what the company called “sexist” remarks toward a female reporter. That same day, Dannon signed Dak Prescott on an endorsement contract.
The popular yogurt company issued a statement regarding Newton’s comments towards Jourdan Rodrigue, which they referred to as “disparaging to all women.”
Dannon statement on Cam Newton: pic.twitter.com/yyAqzIOWCS
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) October 5, 2017
Dannon futher legitimized its partnership with Dak by scheduling to film a commercial just days after taking on the Cowboys quarterback, according to Adam Schefter.
With new Dannon deal, sponsors will pay Dak Prescott about $3 million this year, five times what Cowboys will ($540,000), per @darrenrovell.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2017
Dak, who is considerably one of the most respectful, poised young athletes around, appears to be the golden child for contract endorsements right now.
This is Prescott’s 11th endorsement deal. His current list includes AT&T, Adidas, Beats by Dre, Campbell’s Chunky Soup, Keurig, Pepsi, 7-Eleven, Panini, New Era Caps and Nicholas Air.
These are huge household brands, folks. So what is it about this young man that makes him the perfect athlete for companies to trust?
It’s quite simple. He had an outstanding rookie season with America’s Team. After all, the Dallas Cowboys brand is the most valuable in the world of sports.
Aside from having a mishap during his sophomore year at Mississippi State University, Dak has proven good character off the field. He’s a safe choice. He isn’t a risk, as one might say about Ezekiel Elliott.
Dak has been public about his past/present relationship with his late mother and the world has seen a side of him that is greater than football. This transparency is inviting not only for fans around the country but also for brands and companies who seek this in partnerships.
He is easy to root for and at the end of the day that’s all there is to it.
Don’t expect this list to stop growing any time soon.
- 46 point win over the Pelicans doesn’t keep Mavericks from preaching improvement
- Photos: Mavs vs Pelicans (December 7, 2019)
- Rangers continue low-risk building of their rotation with signing of Jordan Lyles
- D-Town Sports Bar Podcast Ep 6: Cowboys fall to 6-7 as fan frustration grows higher and higher
- TweetCap: Social media reacts to Dallas’ third-straight loss
- Instant Reaction: DSF writers react to the Cowboys Thursday night loss against Chicago
- D-Town Sports Bar Podcast Ep 5: Mavs are flying high as they have won 9 out of the last 10 games!
- Kristaps Porzingis and his role within the Mavericks offense
- Defining Rangers Moments of the 2010’s: Beltre’s 3,000th Hit
- Powell, Brunson spark the Mavs as they hold off Timberwolves