The old saying goes: “Out with the old and in with the new.”
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton lost his sponsorship deal from Dannon after making what the company called “sexist” remarks toward a female reporter. That same day, Dannon signed Dak Prescott on an endorsement contract.
The popular yogurt company issued a statement regarding Newton’s comments towards Jourdan Rodrigue, which they referred to as “disparaging to all women.”
Dannon statement on Cam Newton: pic.twitter.com/yyAqzIOWCS
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) October 5, 2017
Dannon futher legitimized its partnership with Dak by scheduling to film a commercial just days after taking on the Cowboys quarterback, according to Adam Schefter.
With new Dannon deal, sponsors will pay Dak Prescott about $3 million this year, five times what Cowboys will ($540,000), per @darrenrovell.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2017
Dak, who is considerably one of the most respectful, poised young athletes around, appears to be the golden child for contract endorsements right now.
This is Prescott’s 11th endorsement deal. His current list includes AT&T, Adidas, Beats by Dre, Campbell’s Chunky Soup, Keurig, Pepsi, 7-Eleven, Panini, New Era Caps and Nicholas Air.
These are huge household brands, folks. So what is it about this young man that makes him the perfect athlete for companies to trust?
It’s quite simple. He had an outstanding rookie season with America’s Team. After all, the Dallas Cowboys brand is the most valuable in the world of sports.
Aside from having a mishap during his sophomore year at Mississippi State University, Dak has proven good character off the field. He’s a safe choice. He isn’t a risk, as one might say about Ezekiel Elliott.
Dak has been public about his past/present relationship with his late mother and the world has seen a side of him that is greater than football. This transparency is inviting not only for fans around the country but also for brands and companies who seek this in partnerships.
He is easy to root for and at the end of the day that’s all there is to it.
Don’t expect this list to stop growing any time soon.
- The Rangers are desperate for answers behind Mike Minor and Lance Lynn
- Dallas’ XFL team named the Renegades
- Positive Jaylon Smith rewarded with new contract; Proves doubters wrong
- Rangers rally, take 3 of 4 from Angels
- A breakdown of the Rangers in left field since 2001
- Dallas Cowboys: Preseason Stock Report
- Rangers youth making their mark in the big leagues
- Photos: Rangers vs Twins (August 18, 2019)
- The Rangers end the week losing games but adding members to the club’s Hall of Fame
- The Rangers may have finally reached their breaking point with Rougned Odor