Though it started off sloppy and was at some points an eyesore in the first half, the Mavericks got their act together in the second half to run past the Oklahoma City Thunder, 127-106.
Luka Doncic led the way for Dallas with 25 points and seven assists. Kristaps Porzingis started the game off hot as he did on Friday against the Pacers, finishing the game with 20 points, nine rebounds, and a career-high tying five assists.
Tim Hardaway Jr. found his groove off the bench, adding 19 points on 3-of-6 from downtown. And we even saw some flashes from rookie Josh Green and newly acquired Nicolo Melli, who both added some much needed energy off the bench.
The negative in the first half for the Mavericks came from giving up 63 first-half points to a depleted, G League-like roster that is the current rendition of the Oklahoma City Thunder. At some moments of the second quarter, Thunder rookie Aleksej Pokusevski looked like the most confident player on the floor as he found himself in a groove, finishing with 21 points.
The Mavericks will look to build on tonight’s victory and the little extra rest that the starters got late in the fourth on Wednesday as they travel to Boston to take on the Celtics on ESPN.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- The Rangers struggles on Friday were not the result of complacency following their series win in Tampa Bay
- Up and down April continues for the Mavericks with loss to the Knicks
- NFL Draft: What happened the last time Surtain, Diggs were a tandem?
- Season Outlook: 5 realistic steps Dallas can take to improve on defense
- What to watch for as the Mavericks take on the Knicks
- Luka Magic downs Memphis at the buzzer as the Mavs snap a two-game losing streak
- Why the Rangers offense isn’t as bad as you think
- Mock Draft Roundup 3.0: Analysts agree Surtain should be the top choice for Dallas
- What to watch for as the Mavericks take on the Grizzlies
- NFL Draft: 5 questions Dallas’ first-round pick could answer about this team