The second round of tonight’s NBA Draft was an active one for the Mavericks, where they selected Stanford guard Tyrell Terry with the 31st pick and acquired Colorado wing Tyler Bey via trade from the Philadelphia 76ers in the Seth Curry-Josh Richardson deal.
For Tyrell Terry, the Stanford Cardinal averaged 14.6 points, 4.5 rebounds, 3.2 assists, and 1.5 steals last season while shooting 40.8% from downtown.
Terry is a sharpshooter who can create shots for himself and others. With the loss of Seth Curry, Terry’s ability to shoot from deep will certainly be needed on the perimeter for Dallas. And giving up Curry, one of the best shooters in the league, that shows you how confident the Mavericks organization are in Terry’s ability.
With the 36th pick, the Philadelphia 76ers selected Colorado wing Tyler Bey for the Mavericks in part of the Curry-Richardson trade.
A three-year player at Colorado, Bey averaged 13.8 points and 9 rebounds per game in his junior season while shooting 41% from three, though only on 31 attempts.
Bey is known for his explosive athleticism and defensive ability. Elite rebounder for his size at 6-foot-7 is a huge plus for a team in Dallas who may have struggled on the boards over the last few seasons.
Free agency kicks off Friday as the Mavericks look to continue improving their roster for the upcoming season.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Youth movement fuels the excitement behind surprising start for the Rangers
- The 2021 Texas Rangers are actually pretty exciting
- What to watch for as Dallas heads north to face the Cavaliers
- First leg of the 2021 Texas Derby results in a 1-1 draw for FC Dallas
- The Good, the Bad, and the not so Ugly of the Texas Rangers the last few weeks
- What to watch for as the Mavericks host the Cavs
- Mavericks hold on to force fourth-straight loss for Irving, Nets
- Photos: Mavs vs Nets (May 6, 2021)
- Five realistic free agents Dallas should consider post-draft
- NFL Draft Review: How much potential does Wright have to contribute?