You voted so this could happen.
Last night, Luka Doncic was officially named an All-Star starter in the Western Conference, his first All-Star appearance.
Doncic currently averages 29.1 points, 9.6 rebounds, and 9.0 assists for the Mavericks who sit 5th in the Western Conference with a record of 28-16.
Coming out of the Western Conference, Luka joins James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis, and LeBron James, who will be serve as an All-Star captain.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) January 24, 2020
“It was amazing. It’s something I never thought was going to happen in my life. It was just something special. I got really emotional,” Doncic said to TNT’s Allie LaForce after the win in Portland.
Some historic numbers: Luka is the youngest All-Star starter since LeBron James in 2005 and joins a heralded list of legends that have not just been named an All-Star at the age of 20 but started the All-Star game at 20-years-old (see below).
20-year-old All-Star STARTERS in NBA history
*Luka Doncic* pic.twitter.com/h2vUksetUZ
— StatMuse (@statmuse) January 24, 2020
What’s next? The All-Star reserves will be announced next Thursday on NBA Tip-Off on TNT. The draft is scheduled for the following Thursday on February 6th on TNT, where captains LeBron James and Giannis Antetokounmpo will draft the teams.
What team will Luka end up on? LeBron, the leading vote getter, gets the first pick, who sat in this same position last season and picked his soon-to-be teammate Anthony Davis. An educated guess can be made that LeBron will follow suit and draft Davis again, especially being that the All-Star game will be in Davis’ hometown of Chicago, which makes me think Giannis will pick Luka with the second pick. Giannis and Luka on the same team? Sounds like the Mavericks’pipe dream, one that could come true in the summer of 2021.
“I used to dream as a kid of just being in the NBA, now I can play in the All-Star game.”
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Vicente Padilla’s gem and Michael Young Clutch double lifts Rangers over Royals.
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather in Dallas
- Mavericks’ Justin Jackson, “it’s very important to people to stand up for what’s right.”
- Players across the WNBA express solidarity after nationwide protests
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Byrd’s Walk-Off Grand Slam Downs the Yankees
- PGA Tour set to tee it back up in Fort Worth
- ‘Focus on today’: Don Kalkstein on mental health in the NBA & maneuvering through the COVID-19 pandemic
- With plenty of floating ideas, which is the best one to bring back the NBA?
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: More on the NHL’s plan to return to play
- Making sense of the “Return to Play” plan and how it affects the Stars