There’s less than a week until the Dallas Cowboys season starts and this weekend was action packed with trades and cuts made by the team. Here’s a low down on who’s staying, who’s going, and who’s new.
Cedric Thorton (DT)– Surprising news broke Sunday when Cowboys released the veteran defensive tackle. He was signed last year in March to a four year, $18 million dollar contract. He played for the Cowboys one year and was back-up to Terrell McClain. This year, he was sidelined during training camp with a hamstring injury. He will get a guaranteed $3 million for this 2017 year.
Mark Nzeocha (LB)– The 3rd year linebacker was also released on Sunday. His release was was made in order to open a spot for Jayrone Elliot.
Brandon Brown-Dukes (RB) : The running back was waived by the Pittsburg Steelers and was signed on Tuesday August 29th. He was supposed to get some carries during the game that was scheduled for last Thursday. We have yet to see what he can do.
Brian Price (DT) – The Cowboys picked up the 1st year defensive tackle after room was made with Thorton’s release. He was an undrafted free agent in 2016 and picked up by the Greenbay Packers where he was on the practice squad. At 6’3, 300lbs, there’s hope that the UT San Antonio alum will have what it takes to help the defense.
Jayrone Elliot (LB)– On Sunday, the Cowboys traded a 7th round conditional draft pick in next year’s 2018 draft in order to get Elliot. He played three seasons with the Packers and was primarily on special teams. During his three seasons he had 57 total tackles, 4.0 sacks, two pass defends, one forced fumble, and one interception.
Bene’ Benwikere (CB)– On Saturday, the Cowboys traded a conditional 2019 sixth round draft pick to the Cincinnati Bengals for the veteran cornerback. In his first three seasons with the Carolina Panthers, he recorded 102 total tackles, 20 pass defends, one sack and two interceptions. His addition will hopefully bring more depth to the backfield.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Another disappointing second half as Mavericks fall to Suns
- Class in session: What we learned from the Rangers this past week
- Mavericks look to clinch first playoff birth since 2015-16 against Suns
- Satou Sabally asserts dominance, earns first career double-double
- Mavs loss on Friday night is the first reminder in months of the team’s greatest weakness
- Four takeaways as the Mavs drop a heartbreaker to Houston
- Mavericks Restart Roundtable: Scrimmage reactions and playoff seeding predictions
- What to watch for as the Mavs restart the season against Houston
- A family reunion in San Francisco for Rangers OF Scott Heineman
- Rangers send Ronald Guzman down and take another hit with Leclerc heading to IL