There’s less than a week until the Dallas Cowboys season starts and this weekend was action packed with trades and cuts made by the team. Here’s a low down on who’s staying, who’s going, and who’s new.
Cedric Thorton (DT)– Surprising news broke Sunday when Cowboys released the veteran defensive tackle. He was signed last year in March to a four year, $18 million dollar contract. He played for the Cowboys one year and was back-up to Terrell McClain. This year, he was sidelined during training camp with a hamstring injury. He will get a guaranteed $3 million for this 2017 year.
Mark Nzeocha (LB)– The 3rd year linebacker was also released on Sunday. His release was was made in order to open a spot for Jayrone Elliot.
Brandon Brown-Dukes (RB) : The running back was waived by the Pittsburg Steelers and was signed on Tuesday August 29th. He was supposed to get some carries during the game that was scheduled for last Thursday. We have yet to see what he can do.
Brian Price (DT) – The Cowboys picked up the 1st year defensive tackle after room was made with Thorton’s release. He was an undrafted free agent in 2016 and picked up by the Greenbay Packers where he was on the practice squad. At 6’3, 300lbs, there’s hope that the UT San Antonio alum will have what it takes to help the defense.
Jayrone Elliot (LB)– On Sunday, the Cowboys traded a 7th round conditional draft pick in next year’s 2018 draft in order to get Elliot. He played three seasons with the Packers and was primarily on special teams. During his three seasons he had 57 total tackles, 4.0 sacks, two pass defends, one forced fumble, and one interception.
Bene’ Benwikere (CB)– On Saturday, the Cowboys traded a conditional 2019 sixth round draft pick to the Cincinnati Bengals for the veteran cornerback. In his first three seasons with the Carolina Panthers, he recorded 102 total tackles, 20 pass defends, one sack and two interceptions. His addition will hopefully bring more depth to the backfield.
- Quote Board: Mavs players react to dramatic win over the Trail Blazers
- Photo: Mavs vs Blazers (January 17, 2020)
- A look back at the last time the Cowboys played on Championship Sunday
- Ex-Cowboys HC Jason Garrett reportedly lands with Giants as OC
- Concerning trend of early deficits continuing for the Stars
- Mavericks Midseason Roundtable: Meeting Expectations, Trade Deadline Moves, & Playoff Predictions
- Sabres close out season series versus Dallas 2-0
- Dallas Wings release expanded 2020 schedule featuring inaugural Commissioner’s Cup
- A couple takeaways from the Mavs 127-123 win over the Kings
- Mavericks blowout Warriors for third time this season