Three biggest draft needs for the Dallas Cowboys
As it stands now, the NFL draft is scheduled to take place on April 23rd-25th. The draft was set to take place in Las Vegas but that is no longer the case with the pandemic going on in the world.
Free Agency did start on time and it hasn’t been kind to the Dallas Cowboys to this point aside from re-signing Amari Cooper and Blake Jarwin.
The Cowboys have lost Robert Quinn (Chicago) and Byron Jones (Miami). Jason Witten, Jeff Heath and Maliek Collins have all signed with the Las Vegas Raiders.
With those names that have left, let’s take a look at the biggest needs for the Cowboys heading into the draft.
Corner / Safety
With the departure of Byron, that leaves Jourdan Lewis and Chidobe Awuzie as the #1 and 2 corner. Lewis has shown that he can get the ball but also given up some big plays.
When it comes to Chido, 2019 was a tough season for him. He seemed to always be in a position to make a play but teams would actively seek him out because more times than not, he was unable to get his head turned around in time to make the play.
Also, I think a position change to safety could be in his future, so whenever NFL teams are permitted to start the offseason program, he will be contending with that.
Despite signing six-time Pro Bowler Gerald McCoy to a three-year deal late Tuesday night, losing Quinn and Collins on the defensive line are big losses for a team that had holes on the line to begin the offseason. The Cowboys will still need to address their edge rusher position and maybe one more defensive tackle.
While the Cowboys locked up Amari on Monday night, they saw slot receiver Randall Cobb leave for the Houston Texans. While Cobb is replaceable, getting a third receiver to go alongside Cooper and Gallup will be a priority for this team in a very deep receiver class.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?
- Mavericks’ rookie Josh Green embraces the ‘dirty work’
- Three things to watch for as the Mavericks travel to San Antonio
- Reactions after Mavs snap three-game losing streak against Pacers
- Mavericks visit the Pacers as both teams fight through major injuries
- Three takeaways as the depleted Mavericks lose their third straight to Toronto
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start
- What to watch for as the Mavericks look to bounce back against Toronto