Three biggest draft needs for the Dallas Cowboys
As it stands now, the NFL draft is scheduled to take place on April 23rd-25th. The draft was set to take place in Las Vegas but that is no longer the case with the pandemic going on in the world.
Free Agency did start on time and it hasn’t been kind to the Dallas Cowboys to this point aside from re-signing Amari Cooper and Blake Jarwin.
The Cowboys have lost Robert Quinn (Chicago) and Byron Jones (Miami). Jason Witten, Jeff Heath and Maliek Collins have all signed with the Las Vegas Raiders.
With those names that have left, let’s take a look at the biggest needs for the Cowboys heading into the draft.
Corner / Safety
With the departure of Byron, that leaves Jourdan Lewis and Chidobe Awuzie as the #1 and 2 corner. Lewis has shown that he can get the ball but also given up some big plays.
When it comes to Chido, 2019 was a tough season for him. He seemed to always be in a position to make a play but teams would actively seek him out because more times than not, he was unable to get his head turned around in time to make the play.
Also, I think a position change to safety could be in his future, so whenever NFL teams are permitted to start the offseason program, he will be contending with that.
Despite signing six-time Pro Bowler Gerald McCoy to a three-year deal late Tuesday night, losing Quinn and Collins on the defensive line are big losses for a team that had holes on the line to begin the offseason. The Cowboys will still need to address their edge rusher position and maybe one more defensive tackle.
While the Cowboys locked up Amari on Monday night, they saw slot receiver Randall Cobb leave for the Houston Texans. While Cobb is replaceable, getting a third receiver to go alongside Cooper and Gallup will be a priority for this team in a very deep receiver class.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- PHOTOS: Blue for Black Lives Matter March
- NHL and NHLPA Come to Agreement on Playoff Formatting
- International return dates for Mavs stars are among the new details emerging in NBA’s plan to return
- As MLB owners and players clash over money, Rangers baseball in 2020 is looking iffier than ever
- NBA ready to ratify plan for a return in Orlando; How does it shake out for the Mavs?
- Prescott makes impactful statement on George Floyd, donates $1M to cause
- Dirk Nowitzki & the Mavericks backing up their words with action in the community
- PHOTOS: Protests around DFW
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Vicente Padilla’s gem and Michael Young Clutch double lifts Rangers over Royals.
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather in Dallas