After a thrilling 36-35 comeback victory for the Dallas Cowboys over the New York Giants, the Cowboys will fly high into Saturday night’s playoff match-up against the Seattle Seahawks. This will be the second matchup between the teams this season. Both teams are completely different from their week three match-up that saw the Seahawks defeat the Cowboys 24-13. The Cowboys have Amari Cooper. Seattle is without Earl Thomas after he suffered a lower leg fracture in late September. Thomas had two huge interceptions in that matchup.
Here are three points of emphasis for the Cowboys to advance to the divisional round…
This will be the second playoff game in three years for Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott. In 2016 against the Packers, Dak Prescott completed 24-38 passes for 302 yards and three touchdowns and Elliott added 125 yards on 22 carries. It was the team falling behind 21-3 that ultimately cost them at the end. They will look get going much earlier Saturday night.
Efficiency On Drives
The Cowboys are a team that likes to win based on running the ball well, controlling the clock and limiting the other team’s possessions. Seattle is a team that likes to do the same thing. The Cowboys will still need to do those things Saturday, but they must do it efficiently. Meaning they must capitalize when they get in the red zone and limit the mistakes via turnovers and penalties. In week 3, the Cowboys had 166 rushing yards and outgained the Seahawks in total yards but they had three turnovers that held them to only 13 points. The Cowboys also lost the time of possession battle 32:44 to 27:16.
Contain Russell Wilson
The Seattle Seahawks have not been a juggernaut offensively in the Russell Wilson era, but they don’t make many mistakes that help out the opposition. With Wilson’s ability to extend plays outside of the pocket, it is important to get pressure on him by getting sacks but staying in your lanes and not allowing Wilson to get outside the pocket is just as important.
- Ep. 2: AD-Lakers trade, Celtics drama, NBA Draft, Cowboys contract situations, U.S. Women’s Soccer, & more
- Dallas Fanatic Pod: 100th Episode Pt 2: Luka Doncic wins Rookie of the Year, NBA free agency heats up and Taimon gets married!
- Pence and Gallo finalists to represent the Rangers as starters in the All-Star Game
- Dallas Fanatic Pod: 100TH EPISODE PT 1. !!!!! Former Cowboys RB Lincoln Coleman sits down with DSF to discuss the Cowboys and his time with the team!
- Why Kemba Walker makes sense for Dallas
- Luka Doncic’s Historic Rookie Campaign is Complete; Named 2018-2019 NBA Rookie of the Year
- Photos: Rangers vs White Sox (June 23, 2019)
- 3 reasons why Prescott is owed huge payday
- 3 reasons why the Mavs shouldn’t pursue a ‘big fish’ in free agency
- How Liz Cambage, Las Vegas Aces ended Wings two-game win streak