Following a 111-98 loss to the Pacers, the Mavs had a day to travel and prepare for the Milwaukee Bucks for a matchup on MLK Day. Here’s what to watch for:
We knew this day would come and it has finally arrived. The Mavericks final draft pick of the 2018 NBA Draft, Kostas Antetokounmpo, will have the chance to play against his older, superstar brother Giannis Antetokounmpo today in Milwaukee.
This road trip marks the first call-up for Kostas this season as he’s spent his time in Frisco with the Texas Legends, averaging 9.4 points and 5.7 rebounds per game.
“It’s going to be awesome. To see my mom and my brother in the stands, it’s going to be amazing,” Kostas said of seeing his family.
“We’ll see how things go with all of that, but to be in uniform and be on the same floor, even if it’s just in warmups…” Carlisle said. “And in the game, who knows. Maybe there’s a chance to play him. We’ll see.”
Let’s sure hope so. It would definitely be a cool moment for Kostas’ NBA debut be against his brother with their family in the stands. Put Kostas in!
The Bucks lead the league with 49 rebounds per game, though Dallas isn’t far behind, averaging 46 per contest. Tonight will be a big test for Dallas on both sides of the floor, but the rebounding differential will help settle the game.
With DeAndre’s 13.9 rebounds per game, good for second most in the league, he will be key to winning the rebounding battle tonight, along with Maxi Kleber and Dwight Powell.
Limit turnovers/fast break points
Imagine the Greek Freak coming at you full speed on a fast break as you’re the only player back on defense; that sounds like a nightmare, or a beautiful sight if it’s not your team being dunked on. That is what the Mavericks need to avoid tonight if they want to compete with the Bucks.
Over the last three games, the Bucks are averaging 25.7 fastbreak points per game. Besides Giannis, having guys like Eric Bledsoe, Kris Middleton, and Malcolm Brogdon running the fastbreak could mean bad news for Dallas.
Catch the game on FSSW for an early tip-off at 1:00pm for Martin Luther King Jr. day.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Keeping it Semi-Casual: What would it take for the Mavs to match up well with the Clippers?
- Mavericks fall 126-111 as Clippers control the fourth quarter
- Three positions to monitor during Cowboys training camp
- Three Rangers who could be early candidates to be dealt at the Trade Deadline
- Stars likely slated for fourth seed in Western Conference after qualifier loss to Colorado
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 6: The Life and Times of 2020 with Levi Weaver
- What to watch for as Mavs get first look at the Clippers in The Bubble
- The 2020 PGA Championship at Harding Park Preview
- Five takeaways from Amari Cooper’s media session
- Mavericks shake clutch woes for one afternoon as they beat Kings in OT