Happy Holidays! I hope you and yours made some great new memories, and with the Maverick players finishing up their holiday traditions, it’s time to get back to work. The Dallas Mavericks return to the AAC tonight following a disappointing 0-4 road trip out West. Even with the losses piling up, the Mavs were in every game, against some of the toughest competition the Western Conference has to offer. MFFL’s look for a late Christmas present when the New Orleans Pelicans come to town.
Stopping AD and Randle
Okay, maybe stopping is the wrong word as Anthony Davis is one of the league’s top five players. However, allowing “The Brow” and Randle to both get 27 points again is not a recipe for success.
AD is more than a handful averaging 28 points, 12.7 rebounds, and 4.7 assists per game. If Davis wasn’t enough of a challenge, Randle will most likely start in place of Mirotic tonight. He is having a great season and loves playing against (auditioning maybe?) Dallas. Slowing down this front court duo will be a problem, one that must be answered for the Mavs to have a chance.
This has to be one of the more glorious winless road trips in recent memory. Featuring a few new bullet points for Doncic’s already robust resume.
With a career high 12 assists against fellow European star Nikola Jokic. Scoring a new (likely temporary) career-high 32 points against the Los Angeles Clippers. Going into the Bay Area and put on a show good enough to draw praise from reigning DPOY Draymond Green. Following all of it up with a clutch near impossible shot to force overtime in Portland. The only Magic missing was the elusive “W” at the end of games.
The NBA is a game of runs
It’s not uncommon for teams to be down 12 then up six only to lose by 10. That’s because this great sport is a game of runs, no lead is safe and there is almost always time for a comeback.
Dallas has taken this theory to new heights with their runs of winning and losing streaks. At this moment, they are trying to stop the bleeding at six straight defeats, now on the outside looking in at the playoff standings.
The timing seems right for the Mavs to make a new run starting tonight. The Pelicans arrive with their own four-game skid, can the Mavs extend it to five? Tune in tonight @ 7:30 on FSSW.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Three Rangers with major questions surrounding them in the second half of Summer Camp
- Dak, Cowboys unlikely to reach deal before Wednesdays deadline
- Dallas Wings release Wubble season schedule
- After three playoff holes, Colin Morikawa wins at Muirfield Village
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule