NFL analyst and former Dallas Cowboys quarterback, Tony Romo will participate in this years PGA TOUR as a sponsor exemption.
The four-time pro bowler continues to fuel his competitive spirit as a first-time individual competitor in the Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship on March 19-25. Romo will be competing as an amateur against some of the world’s best golfers.
“As a professional athlete, the love and thrill of competition never entirely leaves you,” said Romo. “Outside of my family and football, golf is one of my greatest passions. So, playing and competing in a PGA TOUR event is a dream come true.”
Romo has attempted to qualify for the U.S. Open in the past, but failed to do so on account of performance, injuries and scheduling conflicts with the Dallas Cowboys. This time around, Romo has the health and time to focus on improving as a serious golfer.
Could this potentially be Romo’s new career path?
At the age of 37, Romo is a retired NFL, record-setting quarterback who has just wrapped up his first year as a lead analyst for CBS Sports. His exceptional work behind the booth has earned Romo high praise for his knowledge and psychic-like prediction during games.
Since his years starting at quarterback for the Cowboys, Romo’s competitive nature has been a driving force for his career.
In 2006, Romo earned his position as QB1 after taking over for a struggling Drew Bledsoe. In 2017, that same driving force came to play when Romo decided to take on a new role as an NFL analyst.
He may reside in the booth for years to come, but something tells me the itch to compete will eventually guide Romo to a place where he is free to play to win again.
Romo, partnered with pro Will Zalatoris, is playing in the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am in California this week.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 2: Iffy testing procedures and a look into the 2020 schedule
- Shin-Soo Choo continuing to help the Rangers organization on and off the field
- Jordan Spieth and other top pros return for the Workday Charity Classic
- Evaluating the new 2020 Rangers regular season schedule
- Three Rangers needing to click for team success in 2020
- Rangers slugger Joey Gallo tests positive for COVID-19
- SMU alum Bryson DeChambeau comes back to win in Michigan
- Four observations from the Rangers first intrasquad game on Sunday
- One year later, Mavs free agency signings of 2019 are proving their worth