Travis Frederick has released a statement regarding the status of his health.
The Cowboys center revealed he is suffering from an auto immune disease called Guillain Barre Syndrome; a rare condition in which the immune system attacks the nerves.
Frederick had been experiencing what was believed to be a stinger for several weeks before seeking out a specialist here is Frisco.
The All-Pro tweeted out the following statement:
An update on what’s going on with me: pic.twitter.com/KSkMUvyCWk
— Travis Frederick (@tfrederick72) August 22, 2018
Although Cowboys were hopeful and fairly confident Frederick would return in time for Week 1, doctors have concluded it is “not possible to determine a time table for a return to the field right now.”
It is deeply encouraging that Frederick’s condition was detected at an early stage. Some of the more severe effects of this condition are weakness and tingling sensations, and in extreme cases even paralysis. The causes of Guillain Barre Syndrome are unknown.
Dallas Sports Fanatic will bring you any updates as they become available and of course we are all wishing for the best as Travis continues treatments throughout the next few weeks.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Three takeaways as the depleted Mavericks lose their third straight to Toronto
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start
- What to watch for as the Mavericks look to bounce back against Toronto
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks 117-101 loss to the Bulls.
- Photos: Mavs vs Bulls (January 17, 2021)
- Will the Mavs overcome late-game woes against the skidding Chicago Bulls?
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Outfield and DH
- Late game miscues stand out as Mavericks fall to the Bucks in Milwaukee
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 19: The holidays are not over w/ Wes Benjamin
- As Kristaps Porzingis returns, the Mavericks are poised to take the league by storm