On Saturday morning, Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle confirmed that newly signed guard Trey Burke has yet to join the team in Orlando.
Burke joins Michael Kidd-Gilchrist as the other Mavericks player who has yet to join the team for the NBA restart.
“It’s logistics. That’s about what I can tell you on that,” Carlisle said about Burke. “I do think we’re closer to getting those guys here. Beyond that, I really can’t say anything else because of stipulations, regulations, and all that kind of stuff.”
Burke was signed by the Mavericks following Willie Cauley-Stein opting out of the restart due to he and his partner expecting a baby girl, who was born on July 7th.
Though he has yet to join the team, and it’s unclear what the reasoning is, Burke is familiar with the system, the coaching staff, and most of his teammates, being that he played 25 games for Dallas last season following the Kristaps Porzingis trade.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Keeping It Semi-Casual: The greatness of Rangers stadiums and other venues with Alex Plinck
- Playoff seeding implications on the line as Mavericks play the Blazers
- Five Key Points: Previewing Dallas (3) vs Calgary (7)
- Tim Hardaway Jr. and Mavs role players step up to handle the Jazz in the second half
- What to watch for as Mavericks take on the Jazz
- 23-year-old Collin Morikawa wins the PGA Championship
- Rangers sweep Angels thanks to oddities and a Lance Lynn milestone
- No shortage of amazement for Luka Doncic’s insane pass late in the Mavs win over the Bucks
- An all-time Luka performance leads the Mavs past the Bucks in overtime
- Have the Rangers turned the tide of their 2020 season in the last several days?