On Saturday morning, Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle confirmed that newly signed guard Trey Burke has yet to join the team in Orlando.
Burke joins Michael Kidd-Gilchrist as the other Mavericks player who has yet to join the team for the NBA restart.
“It’s logistics. That’s about what I can tell you on that,” Carlisle said about Burke. “I do think we’re closer to getting those guys here. Beyond that, I really can’t say anything else because of stipulations, regulations, and all that kind of stuff.”
Burke was signed by the Mavericks following Willie Cauley-Stein opting out of the restart due to he and his partner expecting a baby girl, who was born on July 7th.
Though he has yet to join the team, and it’s unclear what the reasoning is, Burke is familiar with the system, the coaching staff, and most of his teammates, being that he played 25 games for Dallas last season following the Kristaps Porzingis trade.
- Rangers make another free agency statement with major signing of Jacob deGrom
- Stars Notebook: Hintz signs 8-year extension; Robertson, Benn enjoying fast starts
- The Rangers take a first step this offseason with staff additions, what’s next?
- An early look at what the Texas Rangers need to address in the offseason
- Texas Legends Media Day: Chemistry and connection that is our theme