Saturday night’s game five of the Stanley Cup Final between the Stars and Tampa Bay Lightning was certainly one of nerves for fans of both teams.
One one side you had the Stars fighting to just keep their season alive for one more game as they entered the night trailing the series 3-1. On the other side you had the Lightning with a chance to hoist the Cup for the first time since 2004 with a win.
Add in some double overtime and the intensity was at an all-time high.
Fortunately for us in DFW, it was the Stars who came out on top thanks to the heroics of two long-time Pacific division rivals in Corey Perry and Joe Pavelski. Captain America’s goal tie it at 2-2 late in regulation was his 61st playoff goal of his illustrious career and he now has the most playoff goals of any U.S.-born player in NHL history. Perry opened the scoring for Dallas and ultimately sealed the game about halfway through the second overtime with his second goal of the night.
— Dallas Stars (@DallasStars) September 27, 2020
Perry’s goal sent a shockwave through the hockey community as the Stars continued to display their insane resiliency this season. They’ll live to fight another day and Stars Twitter was certainly happy about it.
— Jeff K (@jeffk_stars) September 27, 2020
Every single Dallas Stars fan RIGHT NOW….
— FOX Sports Southwest (@FOXSportsSW) September 27, 2020
DALLAS STARS ARE ALIVE pic.twitter.com/huQXr67xvf
— mike taddow (@taddmike) September 27, 2020
— Julie Dobbs (@JulieAnnDobbs) September 27, 2020
— Omar (@TicTacTOmar) September 27, 2020
— NBCDFWSports (@NBCDFWSports) September 27, 2020
— Ricky Garza (@RickyGarza1987) September 27, 2020
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?
- Mavericks’ rookie Josh Green embraces the ‘dirty work’
- Three things to watch for as the Mavericks travel to San Antonio
- Reactions after Mavs snap three-game losing streak against Pacers
- Mavericks visit the Pacers as both teams fight through major injuries
- Three takeaways as the depleted Mavericks lose their third straight to Toronto
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start
- What to watch for as the Mavericks look to bounce back against Toronto