The Dallas Cowboys are known for having some of the all-time greats put on the silver in blue throughout their history. Two Hall of Famer’s for the Dallas Cowboys are about to have their franchise records broken in the upcoming season, should everything come to fruition. The first being Michael Irvin’s record for receiving yards.
Jason Witten has already broken his receptions record and it is still growing. There isn’t a player within 300 receptions of Witten’s 1,089 career receptions record for the Dallas Cowboys. Just goes to show you how consistent that the eventual Hall of Fame tight end has been through his 14 seasons in the NFL.
It isn’t likely that he will ever catch Tony Gonzalez, but currently Witten is firmly in second place in terms of yards and receptions by a tight end in NFL history. He is top five in touchdowns after passing Shannon Sharpe last season. The player who has his name on a college award, has proven to be one of the best tight ends to ever lace up a pair of cleats.
The other playing being the master of the “X”, Dez Bryant. Although he has battled some injuries over the past couple of seasons, Bryant finished out the year strong with six touchdowns in the final eight games. This doesn’t include his two touchdowns versus the Green Bay Packers in the playoffs game.
Bryant has his eyes set on the Cowboys’ franchise number of 71 career receiving touchdowns that is currently held by Bob Hayes. Bryant is second with 67 touchdowns currently. Given the rate at which Dez Bryant scores touchdowns (9.6 per season), it shouldn’t be too long before the new record for most touchdown receptions in Dallas Cowboys’ history will belong to him.
|Billy Joe DuPree||41|
- Quote Board: Mavs players react to dramatic win over the Trail Blazers
- Photo: Mavs vs Blazers (January 17, 2020)
- A look back at the last time the Cowboys played on Championship Sunday
- Ex-Cowboys HC Jason Garrett reportedly lands with Giants as OC
- Concerning trend of early deficits continuing for the Stars
- Mavericks Midseason Roundtable: Meeting Expectations, Trade Deadline Moves, & Playoff Predictions
- Sabres close out season series versus Dallas 2-0
- Dallas Wings release expanded 2020 schedule featuring inaugural Commissioner’s Cup
- A couple takeaways from the Mavs 127-123 win over the Kings
- Mavericks blowout Warriors for third time this season