The Mavericks got off to an impressive start of the game with forward Kevin Hervey, who opened up the scoring and accounted for the team’s first six points. Hervey ended the night with 25 points, nine rebounds and three assists playing a total of 37 minutes.
UTA (12-8, 3-4) dominated both sides of the ball during the first half against the undefeated conference opponent (16-3, 6-0), but seemed to lose control of the game during the second half when Louisiana had a 20-2 run.
“We got in a funk and we started taking bad shots, they started hitting shots, our defensive intensity drops and next thing you know we can’t stop them,” said Coach Scott Cross. “They absolutely dominated us in the second half. There’s a reason why they’re in first place in the league. Right now they’re definitely the best team.”
Louisiana didn’t necessarily make any drastic game adjustments, but it was clear the Mavericks were self-destructive in the second half with failure to execute on shots and rebounds.
If anything, Louisiana played with a higher intensity that UTA could not physically match.
The Ragin’ Cajuns remain undefeated in the Sun Belt Conference making this their sixth straight league victory.
The Mavericks will have the opportunity to redeem themselves when they play Louisiana-Monroe (7-9, 1-4) on Saturday at College Park.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Dak, Cowboys unlikely to reach deal before Wednesdays deadline
- Dallas Wings release Wubble season schedule
- After three playoff holes, Colin Morikawa wins at Muirfield Village
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 2: Iffy testing procedures and a look into the 2020 schedule