Forward Kevin Hervey led the Mavericks (13-8, 4-4) in scoring with a total of 21 points and eight rebounds, including a three-point buzzer-beater at the half.
Forward Davion “Sticks” Turner finished the night with 10 points, three rebounds. Turner, who Hervey considers a little brother, is regarded as one of the most efficient players by Coach Scott Cross.
“He has a lot of potential and he’s extremely confident,” said Hervey. “I kind of see a lot of myself in him. I think he’s a tremendous player for us.”
The Mavericks put on a much more consistent performance after Thursday’s rocky loss to Louisiana. They were seemingly more focused and locked in, which may have been a factor in relieving pressure to redeem themselves.
UTAs defensive play was dominant throughout the game holding ULM to 31% in shooting and seven offensive rebounds.
“I felt like we had some toughness and grit,” said Coach Cross. “I’m very pleased with the way things went and hopefully this is a game we can build off of.”
ULM (7-11, 1-6) leads the Sun Belt in three-point percentage (.382) and UTA managed to hold them to 35%. Tonight’s loss marks the eight straight road loss (0-8) for the Warhawks.
Next up the Mavericks will travel to face Georgia State next Thursday night.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Old Rivalry Renewed as Stars Take on Red Wings at Home
- Two key areas of inconsistency show as Mavs squander late lead over Nuggets
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 20: Hip Hip Hooray with Jose Trevino
- Photos: Stars vs Predators – Jan. 25th, 2021
- Mavericks still searching for any bit of consistency as they host the Nuggets
- Stars Win Second in a Row Against the Predators
- Problems arise in Mavericks worst loss of the season to the Rockets
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?