The Cleveland Cavaliers pulled off the biggest comeback in NBA Finals history, while the Golden State Warriors — despite ousting the 1995-96′ Chicago Bulls for the best regular-season record — had the biggest collapse in the NBA Finals.
Just days after the 2016 NBA postseason ended, the Warriors are right back in the headlines with free agency rumors regarding — take a DEEP breath Mavs Fans — Dirk Nowitzki.
Dirk is one of the names Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News reportedly heard when talking to people in the Warriors organization. Of course, the first priority of every team during free agency is to attempt to sign Kevin Durant and I’m sure the entire NBA will be put on pause until his signing takes place.
— VN Design (@VNdsgn) June 21, 2016
Nowitzki, has a player option on his contract for the 2016-17 season that would pay him $8.7 million, but he is expected to opt-out of it to negotiate a new contract.
Dirk has made it know that he wants to retire as a Dallas Maverick — having played his entire 18-year career with the team, leading them to a championship in 2011.
But, lets not get it twisted. If the Mavericks think about rebuilding or totally belly-flop free agency, prepare yourself to say good-bye to the man that put Dallas back on the map.
Don’t take my word for it, here is what the Diggler told ESPN Dallas’ Tim MacMahon:
“I never said I was going to leave this franchise. The only way I would ever leave is, like I’ve always said, if we start five rookies,” said Nowitzki. “Obviously, that’s not something that I want to be a part of, but as long as we go for it and compete, then I’ll be a Mav.”
It’s a long shot that Dirk actually leaves Dallas but we are aware that there is a slight possibility lingering based on the Mavericks actions this off-season.
If the Mavericks choose to rebuild, I think I speak for Mavs Nation when I say:
“I’d be happy to see Dirk contending for at least one more title with the Warriors.”
Dallas Free Agents:
Deron Williams – Player Option
Chandler Parsons – Player Option
Dirk Nowitzki – Player Option
Raymond Felton – Unrestricted FA
David Lee – Unrestricted FA
Zaza Pachulia – Unrestricted FA
Charlie Villanueva – Unrestricted FA
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Season Outlook: Predicting the Cowboys final 2020 record
- Can the Dallas Cowboys recover from another blowout loss?
- TweetCap: Fans react to Cowboys primetime loss
- Why Rangers fans should be excited for Game 7 of the NLCS at Globe Life Field
- Strange year continues as Mavs offseason buzz is picking up in… October?
- Dallas Cowboys Stock Report: Week 5
- Globe Life Field makes history in NLCS with something it’s been lacking: fans
- Season Outlook: Expectations following Prescott’s injury?
- Cowboys fans try to come to grips with the emotions of the Dak Prescott injury
- DSF Recap: Emotional win gives Dallas first place in NFC East