Sunday, on Nancy Lieberman Night1 the Dallas Wings took a beating from Sylvia Fowles and Maya Moore. The Wings played a tight first quarter and were winning 21-20, even though Fowles had 10 of her 30 points.
Karima Christmas-Kelly also had 10 of her 21 points in the first quarter and in the second quarter she recorded just her second block of the season, but it was a good one.
— Nick Angstadt (@NickVanExit) June 12, 2017
The importance of Lieberman was made known throughout the game with videos, montages, and a speech from the Wings President & the WNBA’s Commissioner at halftime. Lieberman was the head Coach of the Detroit Shock from 1998-2000 which is now the franchise we know as the Dallas Wings..
— DallasSportsFanatic (@Dallas_Fanatic) June 11, 2017
The second half seemed to go entirely the Lynx’s way and the team finished with 40 rebounds and 30 assists on only 38 made Field Goals. The Lynx improved to a WNBA-Best 9-0 while the Wings fell to a 4-6 record with their next game on Tuesday in a rematch against the Sparks.
- Six Underrated Heroes as the Texas Rangers Celebrate First World Series Title
- How do the Texas Rangers and Arizona Diamondbacks Match Up in the 2023 Fall Classic?
- Texas Rangers bound for World Series vs Diamondbacks in a euphoric state
- Previewing a Texas-Sized ALCS Between Rangers and Astros
- Despite a shaky finish, the Rangers still have the same focus on postseason success as they go to Tampa for the Wild Card series