The Dallas Wings ousted the Indiana Fever tonight in an 89-62 rout. Coming off of a game that Head Coach Fred Williams said “builds a lot of character” the Wings really needed this one.
No one needed it more than veteran wing1 Karima Christmas-Kelly who posted a career-best 27 points. In the previous game against the Phoenix Mercury, Christmas-Kelly left with a shoulder injury and did not return.
Her toughness became a spark for the entire team as she sliced through the lane that was open more times than not. The young-Wings2 had some bright moments as well starting with #4 overall pick Alisha Gray. Gray scored 14 points, grabbed 9 rebounds, and led the team with a +26 plus/minus. The unsung hero was Kayla Thornton who accumulated 12 points, 7 boards, and every loose ball in sight. When asked about Thornton’s impact and try out Coach Williams said: “when [Thornton] slapped the glass on right and left handed layups, alright, that’s all I need to see.” Her athleticism, hustle, and wingspan mirror what Dorian Finney-Smith gave the Mavericks this season.
Defensively the Wings held the Fever to just 22 made field goals and only one player scored in double digits (Natalie Achonwa, 13). Overall the Dallas Wings improved to a 3-2 record and face the New York Liberty this Friday, June 2nd in Madison Square Garden.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Three takeaways as the depleted Mavericks lose their third straight to Toronto
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start
- What to watch for as the Mavericks look to bounce back against Toronto
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks 117-101 loss to the Bulls.
- Photos: Mavs vs Bulls (January 17, 2021)
- Will the Mavs overcome late-game woes against the skidding Chicago Bulls?
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Outfield and DH
- Late game miscues stand out as Mavericks fall to the Bucks in Milwaukee
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 19: The holidays are not over w/ Wes Benjamin
- As Kristaps Porzingis returns, the Mavericks are poised to take the league by storm