That is the number that Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook projected the Mavericks to win in 2017-2018.
Fast forward a year. The Mavs have added DeAndre Jordan and 3rd overall pick in Luka Doncic and yet, Westgate has Dallas winning only 34.5 games and sitting tied for the 11th best record in the West. Jeff Sherman, manager of Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, posted the win projections on his Twitter page on Sunday.
NBA seas wins
— Jeff Sherman (@golfodds) August 5, 2018
Less victories after adding Jordan and Doncic? That’s an interesting take. But, that should come as a testament to the strength of the Western Conference. The rich only got richer this summer as The King took his talents to Hollywood, bolstering another playoff contender in the West. But, let’s not overlook the additions made by the Mavericks.
One could say that 34.5 is a viable win projection for Dallas, seeing that the team won only 24 games last season, but this team could be built to shock a few folks. Adding a presence in the middle of the paint like DeAndre Jordan gives the Mavericks something they’ve been seeking since Tyson Chandler walked out of those AAC doors for the last time. In regards to Luka, he adds a another playmaker on the offensive end that will surely put points on the board for Dallas.
Now, if I was a betting man, and I’m not, I’d project the Mavs to slightly surpass the 34.5 wins mark. Some may say a 10+ win increase is too steep of a climb in one season for a lottery team, but the additions made by the Mavericks alongside Rick Carlisle and potentially Dirk’s last season, I think you could see the beginnings of something special in Dallas this season.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- What does the immediate and distant future look like for the Mavericks and Kristaps Porzingis relationship?
- Mavericks simply don’t have enough for the fight in loss to the 76ers
- How Kyle Cody is already making a major impact in the Rangers organization
- Three things to watch for as the Mavericks travel to Philadelphia
- A couple of takeaways as Luka sinks the Celtics
- What to make of the latest Mavericks/Kristaps Porzingis trade rumors
- Mark Cuban denies report that team is shopping Kristaps Porzingis
- Storylines as the Mavericks host the Celtics on the second night of a back-to-back
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 22: From Big Easy to Surprise, Arizona w/ Kennedi Landry
- The Cowboys can franchise tag Dak Prescott as soon as Tuesday