The Mavs lost Sunday night in a thriller to the Raptors 123-120 despite Luka’s impressive triple-double. Dallas will now head East as they begin a vital four game stretch that will seriously impact their playoff hopes. With so many headlines heading into this game, All-Star births, Anthony Davis trade request, etc. here is what to watch for tonight in the Big Apple.
The old and new head into MSG
Dirk has yet to announce if this will be his final season or not. With that in mind it’s becoming more and more clear this is his swan song. He has always loved playing at “The Garden” and even spoke about it last year hoping to come back one more time.
Dirk on Madison Square Garden: “I’ll miss playing here. It’s always a special place to play. The atmosphere, the history of this place. It’s definitely a place that I will miss. Hopefully I will come back again one more time, but we’ll see how it goes.”
— Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) March 14, 2018
There has always been something special about playing at MSG in New York. So many great battles between the Bulls and Knicks, to historic individual games by legends of the game. Kobe dropping 61, Bernard King 60 point “Christmas Present”, or Curry hitting 11 of 13 threes for 54. With so many historic performances and even a game winner by Dirk, this will no doubt be an emotional game for him.
This will be Luka’s first game in the Big Apple, and while he may be getting “Rooked” for the All Star game this year, he no doubt will try to put on a show for the many fans at MSG. As one legend looks to end his career highlights in NY, another Mav looks to begin his.
Luka’s hot streak
Over the last two games, Doncic is averaging 33.5 points, 10 rebounds, and 9 assists. Those are absolutely insane numbers for anyone in the NBA, especially a 19-year-old rookie. These are not just All-Star type stats but MVP like performances, we might be getting a glimpse of the future.
Maybe it’s a coincidence this began after he was not named an All-Star starter despite the four million fan votes. Maybe this is his way of grabbing the league’s attention, leaving no doubt he should be playing in the big game in Charlotte, or maybe this is just Luka Doncic taking it to another level.
Something’s got to give
The Knicks, who look like they are trying their best to win the Zion sweepstakes, only have a 4-17 home record. New York is on a 10-game losing streak and 11-game losing streak at home just one shy of their franchise record.
Dallas road woes are well documented this season only winning four of 24 away games played. On top of the teams struggles away from the AAC this season, the team tends to not take lottery teams seriously. Losing against Phoenix and Atlanta, two of the leagues worst teams and two more wins they let slip away. The next four games for Dallas include the Knicks, Pistons, Cavs, and Hornets; all winnable games. If the Mavericks (22-27) are serious about fighting for a playoff birth, it starts tonight.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Byrd’s Walk-Off Grand Slam Downs the Yankees
- PGA Tour set to tee it back up
- ‘Focus on today’: Don Kalkstein on mental health in the NBA & maneuvering through the COVID-19 pandemic
- With plenty of floating ideas, which is the best one to bring back the NBA?
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: More on the NHL’s plan to return to play
- Making sense of the “Return to Play” plan and how it affects the Stars
- Rangers broadcaster CJ Nitkowski discusses the possible routes to a 2020 season
- 2012 Rangers Bonus: How Texas fares in baseball simulation vs. Actual results
- Esports Trade Association President John Davidson talks connecting with the female audience and possible growth opportunities
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Colby Lewis dominates in Seattle, but offense doesn’t break through until the 12th