The Dallas Mavericks return home looking to a take a commanding 3-0 series lead over the Los Angeles Clippers.
Take advantage of home cooking
It’s well documented that the Mavs have not been a very good home over the past few seasons. On Friday night, they will play their first home playoff game since 2016. It’s not everyday that an NBA team returns home up 2-0 in the playoffs. Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis will be playing their first home playoff game at the AAC. The electricity that will be in that building will be incredible and it is important that Dallas comes out and sets the tone.
Tyronn Lue has simply been outclassed by Rick Carlisle through the first two games in this series. After Game 2, Lue spoke to the media and said that his concern level isn’t very high with the team set to travel to Dallas down 0-2.
Lue: “I’m not concerned. Like I said, they got to win four games. … Now they got to go home and try to keep up the same shooting. … We’ll see in Game 3.”
On Thursday, Lue hinted at changes to the starting lineup.
Lue on the starting lineup: “Something needs to be done. And you’ll see tomorrow.”
I expect Rajon Rondo or Terrence Mann to be inserted into the starting lineup and Zubac sent to the bench.
One last thing
The Mavs jumped out to early leads in both games in LA. If they do that Friday, I think they will break the Clippers and have them in vacation mode.
- How Jonah Heim is flourishing in his role as the primary catcher for the Rangers
- Victory Avenue Podcast Ep. 43: Christian Wood trade, Mavs take Jaden Hardy, and is JB leaving?
- Silver and Blue Podcast Episode 8: Pre-camp position previews – DT, DE, LB
- Stars reportedly nearing deal with former Knights, Sharks coach Peter Deboer
- Ezequiel Duran, Josh Smith Putting Rangers’ Youth Movement in Motion