Following last night’s loss to the Houston Rockets, arguably the most disappointing performance by the Mavericks all season long given their five-game winning streak prior to the loss, a bounce back game tonight is important. Though, being on the second night of a back-to-back, you have to wonder who will play tonight.
In prior back-to-back games, Kristaps Porzingis has set one or the other in most two game sets. For Luka, he’s sat a few of his own. But after last night’s dud of a performance, you’d hope to see a full Mavericks roster in attempt to help gloss over Wednesday night’s loss to the Rockets.
Maxi Kleber missed last night’s game due to right leg soreness so his status tonight is unknown. For the Bucks, Giannis Antetokounmpo has missed two consecutive games due to knee soreness and is currently doubtful for tonight’s game.
If the Mavericks have a full roster and the Bucks are missing their leader, that bodes well for Dallas.
Offensive Woes: J-Rich and DFS
With the Mavericks, night in and night out, you know what you’re going to get from Luka Doncic. Kristaps Porzingis is a threat every time he’s on the floor, whether shots are falling or not. And I feel comfortable saying on most nights more than not, Jalen Brunson and Tim Hardaway Jr. will provide a much needed scoring punch and impact off the bench. But, that’s about it for this Mavericks roster when it comes to consistency on offense.
For guys like Josh Richardson and Dorian Finney-Smith, you just never know what type of game they’re going to have on the offensive end until the ball is tipped. On Monday night’s win against Utah, DFS scored a season-high 23 points on a season-high five made 3-pointers. Josh Richardson added in 17 points on a perfect 5-of-5 from three.
In last night’s loss to Houston, the two combined for 10 points on 3-of-17 shooting — just a dreadful performance offensively.
The Mavericks and Bucks tip-off tonight at 8:00PM.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- NFL Draft: What happened the last time Surtain, Diggs were a tandem?
- Season Outlook: 5 realistic steps Dallas can take to improve on defense
- What to watch for as the Mavericks take on the Knicks
- Luka Magic downs Memphis at the buzzer as the Mavs snap a two-game losing streak
- Why the Rangers offense isn’t as bad as you think
- Mock Draft Roundup 3.0: Analysts agree Surtain should be the top choice for Dallas
- What to watch for as the Mavericks take on the Grizzlies
- NFL Draft: 5 questions Dallas’ first-round pick could answer about this team
- Mavericks have no answer for Joel Embiid in loss to 76ers on Monday night
- Texas Rangers announce Rowdy Energy as organization’s official energy drink