It’s almost playoff time for the Dallas Mavericks but not everything is set in stone when it comes to seeding and who they’ll play.
That will be decided today.
The Mavericks take on the Minnesota Timberwolves in the regular season finale tonight in Minnesota.
Dallas currently sits as the 5-seed following their win against Toronto on Friday along with the Portland Trail Blazers loss. With the win on Friday, the Mavericks clinched a playoff berth and no less than the 6-seed.
If the Mavericks take care of business today, they’ll remain as the 5-seed. If they lose and the Trail Blazers win, the Mavericks will fall to the 6-seed.
Just like how Dallas’ seed is yet to be decided, their potential matchup still hangs in the balance. The Denver Nuggets and Los Angeles Clippers are battling for the 3 and 4-seeds as those will also be decided today.
The Mavericks and Timberwolves tip-off at 8PM tonight.
- Stein: Mavericks ‘strongly considering’ Michael Finley for head of basketball operations
- Chris Woodward and Kyle Gibson reflect on NFL’s Carl Nassib’s decision to come out
- Why is Rangers’ Isiah Kiner-Falefa underrated? He and his teammates make the case for him in the All Star Game
- Rangers fans get possible look at the future in Vanderbilt pitchers at College World Series
- FC Dallas against Minnesota ends in a draw as Toyota Stadium is fully open
- In the midst of Pride Month, Rangers players and coaches share their thoughts on the eventual possibility of an openly gay teammate in MLB
- Dirk Nowitzki returns to Mavericks as special advisor to the franchise
- A major fork in the road is in front of Mark Cuban as owner of the Mavericks
- Rick Carlisle out as Mavericks coach after 13 seasons
- Doncic on Donnie Nelson’s exit from Dallas: ‘I’m not the one making decisions’