The Mavs (26-29) finish their wild, Sunday afternoon matchup strong outscoring the Blazers (33-22) 24-9 in the fourth quarter.
“It was our best quarter of the season,” Rick Carlisle mentioned in his postgame interview. Luka added 13 points of his 28 total in the fourth quarter.
Thanks to Luka down the stretch, the Mavs were able to overcome their biggest comeback win of the year today. At this point, “clutch” is an understatement for the All-Star snub.
Not only is Luka one of seven players in the NBA averaging at least 20 PPG, 7 RPG, and 5.5 APG, but he is the only one of the seven who wasn’t named to the All-Star game. Keep letting the league know that they made a mistake, Luka.
Slovenia representing well today at the AAC
Speaking of Slovenians, Luka had a fan club of about 100 people who traveled all the way around the world to watch Dallas’ new sensation. According to Mark Followill, these same fans will be in Houston tomorrow night and back in Dallas for the Miami game on Wednesday to see their homegrown superstar in action.
Look at this group of fans who have traveled here from Slovenia to support @luka7doncic. They'll be in Houston for the game tomorrow and Wednesday here from Miami. Gremo Slovenjia! 🇸🇮 pic.twitter.com/Nwd4ma0q0S
— Mark Followill (@MFollowill) February 10, 2019
Kleber and the new Jr. came to play
Maxi Kleber is looking to get paid this offseason and he will. His increased playing time, due to the departure of DeAndre Jordan, has boosted his value significantly as a solid role player moving forward. This afternoon, he came through with two huge defensive plays to help quiet the hot hand in Damian Lillard. The last play of the game was a huge stop by Kleber on the Blazers All-Star.
Tim Hardaway Jr. can get buckets. He had his best game as a Maverick this season scoring 24 points on 50 percent shooting (9-18) from the field in 32 minutes. Look for this to continue for the new Mav, as he continues to rack up playing time while averaging 19 PPG on the season.
Your Dallas Mavs play their second game of a back-to-back tomorrow night in Houston. The Rockets are dealing with multiple injuries, so this could be a chance for the Mavs to capitalize and start a new win streak. The Slovenian certainly doesn’t fear the beard and neither do we.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- ‘We all got a little more extra juice now’: Kristaps Porzingis on the NBA season restart
- Summer Camp begins for the Rangers; four things to pinpoint before the season starts
- Spieth and many other big names out as the PGA Tour heads to Detroit for the Rocket Mortgage Classic
- FC Dallas in the spotlight due to to nine reported positive COVID-19 tests in Orlando
- A Dak Prescott decision needs to made
- Dustin Johnson wins the Traveler’s Championship on Sunday with weather delays
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep. 1: Notes on the planned 2020 season
- What to expect from the WNBA 2020 season
- News of COVID-19 cases continues tough month of off-field happenings for Rangers
- Several Rangers employees test positive for COVID-19; what does this mean for the potential home opener?