The Mavs (26-29) finish their wild, Sunday afternoon matchup strong outscoring the Blazers (33-22) 24-9 in the fourth quarter.
“It was our best quarter of the season,” Rick Carlisle mentioned in his postgame interview. Luka added 13 points of his 28 total in the fourth quarter.
Thanks to Luka down the stretch, the Mavs were able to overcome their biggest comeback win of the year today. At this point, “clutch” is an understatement for the All-Star snub.
Not only is Luka one of seven players in the NBA averaging at least 20 PPG, 7 RPG, and 5.5 APG, but he is the only one of the seven who wasn’t named to the All-Star game. Keep letting the league know that they made a mistake, Luka.
Slovenia representing well today at the AAC
Speaking of Slovenians, Luka had a fan club of about 100 people who traveled all the way around the world to watch Dallas’ new sensation. According to Mark Followill, these same fans will be in Houston tomorrow night and back in Dallas for the Miami game on Wednesday to see their homegrown superstar in action.
Look at this group of fans who have traveled here from Slovenia to support @luka7doncic. They'll be in Houston for the game tomorrow and Wednesday here from Miami. Gremo Slovenjia! 🇸🇮 pic.twitter.com/Nwd4ma0q0S
— Mark Followill (@MFollowill) February 10, 2019
Kleber and the new Jr. came to play
Maxi Kleber is looking to get paid this offseason and he will. His increased playing time, due to the departure of DeAndre Jordan, has boosted his value significantly as a solid role player moving forward. This afternoon, he came through with two huge defensive plays to help quiet the hot hand in Damian Lillard. The last play of the game was a huge stop by Kleber on the Blazers All-Star.
Tim Hardaway Jr. can get buckets. He had his best game as a Maverick this season scoring 24 points on 50 percent shooting (9-18) from the field in 32 minutes. Look for this to continue for the new Mav, as he continues to rack up playing time while averaging 19 PPG on the season.
Your Dallas Mavs play their second game of a back-to-back tomorrow night in Houston. The Rockets are dealing with multiple injuries, so this could be a chance for the Mavs to capitalize and start a new win streak. The Slovenian certainly doesn’t fear the beard and neither do we.
- Ep. 2: AD-Lakers trade, Celtics drama, NBA Draft, Cowboys contract situations, U.S. Women’s Soccer, & more
- Dallas Fanatic Pod: 100th Episode Pt 2: Luka Doncic wins Rookie of the Year, NBA free agency heats up and Taimon gets married!
- Pence and Gallo finalists to represent the Rangers as starters in the All-Star Game
- Dallas Fanatic Pod: 100TH EPISODE PT 1. !!!!! Former Cowboys RB Lincoln Coleman sits down with DSF to discuss the Cowboys and his time with the team!
- Why Kemba Walker makes sense for Dallas
- Luka Doncic’s Historic Rookie Campaign is Complete; Named 2018-2019 NBA Rookie of the Year
- Photos: Rangers vs White Sox (June 23, 2019)
- 3 reasons why Prescott is owed huge payday
- 3 reasons why the Mavs shouldn’t pursue a ‘big fish’ in free agency
- How Liz Cambage, Las Vegas Aces ended Wings two-game win streak