Two weeks ago, we pondered whether it was time to panic about FC Dallas. The team was coming off a frustrating tie at home against a struggling Colorado team, extending Dallas’ winless stretch to three games.
At the time, I said it wasn’t time to panic just yet and that it was too small of a sample size to worry about it too much.
Since then we’ve seen FC Dallas lose on the road against Sporting Kansas City, blow a two-goal lead late at home against their rivals from Houston, and lose on the road against Columbus Saturday night. So yeah, panic away.
As a result of this six-game winless streak, FC Dallas currently sits outside the playoff picture looking in, and playing by far the worst soccer we’ve seen from the team in years.
Fans have been calling for changes, and those prayers have been answered as the team has continued to experiment with different players and formations as a way to desperately find some results. However, those changes are yet to payoff with a win.
Unfortunately, things aren’t going to get any easier for FC Dallas. Saturday they host the New York Red Bulls, who sit in fourth place in the eastern conference. Conveniently, this weekend happens to be during a period where most leagues (besides MLS) break for international duty.
FC Dallas will be without five, yes that’s right, FIVE starters this weekend as Kellyn Acosta, Matt Hedges, Maynor Figueroa, Carlos Gruezo, and Tesho Akindele will all be with their national teams. So expect plenty of new, and likely young, faces Saturday night as FC Dallas looks to get things back on track.
The 19th Minute Podcast – Episode 76
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- As Kristaps Porzingis returns, the Mavericks are poised to take the league by storm
- A couple takeaways from The Mavericks 104-93 win over the Hornets
- What to watch for as short-handed Mavericks face the Hornets
- Mark Cuban is open to hosting vaccinated healthcare workers for free at Mavs games later this season
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Infield and Catcher
- Five plays that defined the Dallas Cowboys 2020 season
- The return of Porzingis? Unanswered COVID questions? Mavs/Pelicans bring a ton to the table on Monday
- From bad to worse: Kleber news takes Mavs’ COVID situation to a place that will be hard to handle
- The Home Court Show: Mavs take down the Magic thanks to the hot shooting of Tim Hardaway Jr.
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: the Bullpen