After an up-and-down first few weeks for the team, the Dallas Cowboys are now on their bye week. While the team has been inconsistent on offense, the defense has thrived under the tutelage of Kris Richard. While the Dallas Cowboys sit at just 3-4, they are far from finished in the NFC East Division race. Here’s the current landscape in the division:
Through Week 7:
New York: 1-6
With this in mind, it’s time to predict where the Cowboys will finish in the NFC East:
To predict the finish to the season, we need to examine the rest of the schedule, detailed below:
Dallas Cowboys Schedule:
@ Philadelphia (SNF)
New Orleans (TNF)
@ New York
When looking at the schedule, a few things stand out. First, the team has 5 remaining games at home, where they are undefeated this year. Second, their road matchups are all against teams below .500, which leads to belief that this team can put a run together in the second half.
Games against the Eagles and a thanksgiving matchup against Washington are crucial, while a primetime matchup against the Saints can serve as a playoff atmosphere. Dallas’s defense is legit, but Amari Cooper will need to make an impact on offense for this team to make a run.
Personally, I don’t believe this team is anything more than an 8-8 team. Philadelphia and Washington will be tough rivals to battle in the second half. However, the team has everything in front of them if they can figure things out on offense.
Prediction: 8-8; 3rd NFC East
- Projecting the 2023 Texas Rangers Opening Day Roster
- As Jim Montgomery makes first return to Dallas, Stars reminded what could’ve been
- Jung and Hungry: How Josh Jung is ready for the 2023 Rangers Season
- Stars at the All-Star Break: Where Does Dallas Stand as Deboer, Robertson head to Florida?
- How Rangers Players like Corey Seager, Mitch Garver, and Brock Burke will adjust to Rule Changes
You must be logged in to post a comment Login
You must log in to post a comment.