The Dallas Cowboys need to improve their receiving core. Dallas added veterans in free agency (Allen Hurns, Deonte Thompson) while drafting youngsters (Michael Gallup, Cedrick Wilson) to make an impact. After Jason Witten retired, a veteran voice was needed to lead the new additions.
Terrance Williams had a chance to be that voice. Now, he has questions to answer. Already recovering from a foot injury, Williams put himself and the Dallas Cowboys in the news over the weekend:
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) May 19, 2018
Cowboys WR Terrance Williams, who was arrested late last night, is recovering from a fractured foot this offseason and wasn't going to participate in OTAs. His $3.5 million salary in 2018 is guaranteed, which has kept him on the roster as of now.
— Brandon George (@DMN_George) May 19, 2018
Williams’ arrest puts a cloud over his playing status and roster status going forward. The league is currently not handing down any suspension or fine as of yet. Terrance Williams is not a potential roster cut as of now, as his release would cost the team financially. However, there is a silver lining that could emerge from this cloud:
Dallas Cowboys Have a Silver Lining:
Michael Gallup can play all over the field for the Dallas Cowboys. Allen Hurns is also a versatile receiver. While Hurns is proven, Gallup has the upside to be an impact player in year one. Gallup wins with his route running and hands. Although not physically imposing, Gallup can separate from defenders. Dak Prescott succeeds with great timing and mobility. Gallup is a player that works well with Prescott’s strengths.
Rookie Cedrick Wilson and veteran Deonte Thompson are deep passing game threats for the team. With Cole Beasley working inside, the Cowboys have several players for Dak Prescott to throw to. While Williams is the most experienced receiver, he may prove to be the least utilized. Furthermore, Williams may fall down the depth chart. Especially if Gallup and Wilson can hit the ground running as rookies. While the team waits on Terrance Williams’ situation, they have potential solutions in the fold.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- A couple of takeaways as the Mavericks escape the Magic in Orlando
- Stars Weekly: Stars limp into March after losing eight of last nine
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars Backsliding after rough week- Can they catch up to Chicago down the stretch?
- What to watch for as the Mavericks take on the Magic
- Dissecting Game One of an Odd Spring Training for the Rangers
- Three thoughts as Kristaps Porzingis returns to the Mavs lineup in win over the Nets
- Joey Gallo is Digging for More Gold in Right Field in 2021 for the Rangers
- What to watch for as the Dallas Mavericks take on the Brooklyn Nets
- What does the immediate and distant future look like for the Mavericks and Kristaps Porzingis relationship?
- Mavericks simply don’t have enough for the fight in loss to the 76ers