The Dallas Cowboys have about 2 1/2 weeks until training camp and there’s still a burning question on everyone’s mind; will current Seattle Seahawk, Earl Thomas, get traded to Dallas? The discussion of Thomas possibly being traded to the Cowboys resurfaced this past Saturday when Cowboys writer Bryan Broaddus was quoted on 105.3 the FAN saying,
“I feel like that the Earl Thomas situation still is in play…It’s just a matter of where Seattle is going to be…I think thank Seattle is going to have to figure out something. The Cowboys are going to have to figure out something there.”
While this is a question on people’s minds, there are others asking; do we really need Thomas or should the Cowboys just stick with the young safeties they already have? My two cents, YES the Cowboys should absolutely go for Thomas!
For the past couple of seasons, Thomas has been considered one of the best safeties in the NFL. This past 2017 season, the 5-foot-10, 202 lb all-around safety recorded 82 total tackles, six pass defends, two interceptions and a defensive touchdown, earning himself a trip to yet another Pro Bowl. Let’s also not forget that he’s already familiar with passing game coach Kris Richard, who was picked up by Dallas this past spring. Richard’s coaching and Thomas’ experience can help the younger players like Byron Jones, Kavon Frazier, and Xavier Woods reach their potential.
So what’s the hold up? Money of course. Thomas’ contract is up next year. His current deal has him making $8.5 million base salary, and you best believe that he is going to want a deal that would make him one of the highest paid safeties in the league. My opinion, the Cowboys should bite the bullet and get Thomas now when they have the money before they have to pay up next year when Dak Prescott’s contract is up.
If the Cowboys decide to pick Thomas up, I truly believe that he can help our defense become one of the top five in the league. Fingers crossed!
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Reliving the best moment in Texas Rangers history 10 years later: Winning that first AL Pennant
- Dallas Cowboys Stock Report: Week 6
- Season Outlook: Predicting the Cowboys final 2020 record
- Can the Dallas Cowboys recover from another blowout loss?
- TweetCap: Fans react to Cowboys primetime loss
- Why Rangers fans should be excited for Game 7 of the NLCS at Globe Life Field
- Strange year continues as Mavs offseason buzz is picking up in… October?
- Dallas Cowboys Stock Report: Week 5
- Globe Life Field makes history in NLCS with something it’s been lacking: fans
- Season Outlook: Expectations following Prescott’s injury?