Defense wins championships?
The Dallas Cowboys may have no choice but to hope the old saying is true.
Despite losing Sunday’s match 27-3 against the Arizona Cardinals, the Cowboy’s starting defense showed tremendous promise to be great this season.
Forcing three field goals and one missed 55-yard field goal, the first-team defense has allowed a total of zero points this preseason.
“I feel about as good about our defense as I have in a long time,” said team owner Jerry Jones via Dallas Cowboys.
I agree, Jerry. This defense is shaping up to be something vicious and it’s happening at an opportune time. With the Cowboy’s offensive line taking blows with the absence of Travis Frederick and Zack Martin, the team needs to compensate deliver on the other side of the ball.
Sean Lee didn’t see any play action Sunday night but he had some encouraging words to say about his defense.
— David Helman (@HelmanDC) August 27, 2018
The questions that I continually see more often pertain to the team’s secondary. Chidobe Awuzie continues to shine in the corner position and I’m feeling confident that he and Byron Jones will make a good duo, but the Cowboys still run the very real risk of needing help down the road. However, if they continue to deliver an exceptional, consistent performance, the Cowboys defense may be in for a real treat.
Randy Gregory is still shaking off some dust while getting back into the groove of the game, but he is going to show out on us and it’s going to happen very soon. There’s a lot of potential to be reached with that one and we’re going to see him light up this defense before our eyes.
“It all works together,” said Sean Lee. “The back seven have to cover to let them get home sometimes. The front guys have to hurry up and get to the quarterback and help us. And this is what makes this defense great: working together.”
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Two key areas of inconsistency show as Mavs squander late lead over Nuggets
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 20: Hip Hip Hooray with Jose Trevino
- Photos: Stars vs Predators – Jan. 25th, 2021
- Mavericks still searching for any bit of consistency as they host the Nuggets
- Stars Win Second in a Row Against the Predators
- Problems arise in Mavericks worst loss of the season to the Rockets
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?
- Mavericks’ rookie Josh Green embraces the ‘dirty work’