Defense wins championships?
The Dallas Cowboys may have no choice but to hope the old saying is true.
Despite losing Sunday’s match 27-3 against the Arizona Cardinals, the Cowboy’s starting defense showed tremendous promise to be great this season.
Forcing three field goals and one missed 55-yard field goal, the first-team defense has allowed a total of zero points this preseason.
“I feel about as good about our defense as I have in a long time,” said team owner Jerry Jones via Dallas Cowboys.
I agree, Jerry. This defense is shaping up to be something vicious and it’s happening at an opportune time. With the Cowboy’s offensive line taking blows with the absence of Travis Frederick and Zack Martin, the team needs to compensate deliver on the other side of the ball.
Sean Lee didn’t see any play action Sunday night but he had some encouraging words to say about his defense.
— David Helman (@HelmanDC) August 27, 2018
The questions that I continually see more often pertain to the team’s secondary. Chidobe Awuzie continues to shine in the corner position and I’m feeling confident that he and Byron Jones will make a good duo, but the Cowboys still run the very real risk of needing help down the road. However, if they continue to deliver an exceptional, consistent performance, the Cowboys defense may be in for a real treat.
Randy Gregory is still shaking off some dust while getting back into the groove of the game, but he is going to show out on us and it’s going to happen very soon. There’s a lot of potential to be reached with that one and we’re going to see him light up this defense before our eyes.
“It all works together,” said Sean Lee. “The back seven have to cover to let them get home sometimes. The front guys have to hurry up and get to the quarterback and help us. And this is what makes this defense great: working together.”
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Dak, Cowboys unlikely to reach deal before Wednesdays deadline
- Dallas Wings release Wubble season schedule
- After three playoff holes, Colin Morikawa wins at Muirfield Village
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 2: Iffy testing procedures and a look into the 2020 schedule