The Dallas Cowboys travel to face off against Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks for the fourth time in the last five years. The Cowboys currently sit 1-1 on the year tied for first place in the NFC East. Coaches say they’re treating this week just as any other week on the calendar. Players still show faith this offense will show some resemblance of a good NFL unit. Let’s take a look at how the numbers predict how exactly the Cowboys will do. Because numbers never lie, right?
- Cowboys lead the all-time series against the Seahawks 10-8.
- The Seattle Seahawks has not lost a home opener since 2009. During that time span, the Seahawks have outscored their opponents 214-61, which is an average margin of victory of 17.
- Russell Wilson is 1-3 against the Cowboys since being drafted in 2012.
- Wilson has gone over 200 yards passing once against the Cowboys and has thrown for more than one touchdown once. He averages 145 yards passing per game and has totaled four touchdowns and two picks in four games against Dallas.
- 7 of the 11 starters on the offense were not featured on this team during the Cowboys last win over Seattle. Only 2 of the 11 defensive starters were with the team.
- Since Jason Garrett’s first full season as head coach in 2011, the Cowboys have never started the season 1-2.
- The Seahawks last three-game losing streak came in Pete Carroll’s first year as head coach in 2011. The teams’ third loss came on the road against the Cowboys, 23-13.
- Since Pete Carroll began his tenure as head coach of Seattle, his team is 11-0 at home in the month of September.
- Cowboys offense has rushed for over 100 yards in their last three match-ups against the Seahawks
- Since Garrett has been a part of the Cowboys they average at least 22 points against Seattle.
- Seattle has lost four of their last five games at home. During that time Seattle’s defense allowed an average of 211 yards through the air and 80 yards rushing. Two quarterbacks threw for touchdowns and only one running back had a multi-touchdown game (Todd Gurley: 152 yards, 3 TDs).
/ 9 hours ago
Despite the inability to score, the penalties and the turnovers, the Dallas Cowboys sweep...
/ 14 hours ago
Following the Mavericks victory against the Rockets on Saturday night, it was noted...
/ 16 hours ago
The Stars continue to dominate the Pacific Division as they boast a record of...
/ 19 hours ago
There are not many recent moments in Mavs history that had the American Airlines...
/ 1 day ago
The Mavericks went after James Harden James Harden knows a thing or two about...
/ 2 days ago
Following their blowout loss in New Orleans on a back-to-back, the Mavericks are...