It’s a Texas throwdown, y’all.
The 2-1 Dallas Renegades take on the undefeated Houston Roughnecks for Week 4 of the XFL season.
This natural rivalry will surely be one to watch as Houston is favored by one point in this road matchup against a Dallas team that is picking up serious momentum.
Here’s why the Renegades could emerge victorious from this two-step:
The Renegades started the season rather rocky but they are slowly coming around into the form everyone expected them to be under QB Landry Jones. I sincerely believe Jones has yet to play to his true potential in this league but I expect that to change as the Renegades fight to extend their winning streak. Jones has shown flashes of potential and it’s only a matter of time until he catches a consistent rhythm.
Both teams are riding on momentum but ultimately the home team will have the greatest advantage, especially considering Dallas needs a home win.
Houston leads the league in both passing yards and receiving yards so it is going to be crucial to stop quarterback P.J. Walker and the Roughnecks early on, a concept that the Renegades have struggled with through the first three games. Walker has been making noise of his own leading the Roughnecks into XFL championship talks. So far he’s gone for 748 yards for 10 touchdowns through three games – the highest in the league and it’s not even close.
It will be up to Jones to get the Renegades rolling early by getting tight end Donald Parham involved. On the other hand, the Renegades will likely turn to running back Cameron Artis-Payne to push Dallas through a tough Houston defense. Artis-Payne is currently second in the league in rushing yards (185.)
The defensive play in this game should be a shootout. What it’s really going to come down to is red zone conversion. I predict Dallas will show out in the second half with just enough big plays to win this battle.
The Renegades will host the first of two games against the Roughnecks and I have a feeling this rivalry matchup will be a league favorite as both teams will bring a competitive Texas-edge to the table.
You can catch the game this Sunday at 3p.m. central time on FS1.
ICYMI: Register for the Monster Hydro Stadium Blitz at Ford Stadium on Saturday, March 14th. You can get 20 percent off registration with promo code FAN20 here.
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Most and least valuable 2020 Dallas Stars contracts
- Rangers’ Good Guy Shin-Soo Choo provides an act of generosity to Rangers’ minor leaguers
- DSF Roundup: Writers make their argument for prime Romo or Aikman
- Corey: My five favorite Dallas Cowboys
- ‘I have no idea’: Mark Cuban backtracks optimism toward the return of the NBA
- Mailbag: High expectations for safety Clinton-Dix?
- Sports Book Recommendations to Get You Through Quarantine (Part Two)
- A Look Back: Inaugural Opening Day at The Ballpark in Arlington
- Rangers players/coaches showing their fun side during this dark time
- Most and least valuable 2020 Texas Rangers contracts