Unfortunately, the winless streak did not end for FC Dallas Saturday night, as the streak extended to seven games without a win in MLS play after their 2-2 tie against the New York Red Bulls. However, this result definitely left a better feeling than other games during the stretch.
While FC Dallas usually expects three points from their home games, Saturday night was a little different. Going into the match, FC Dallas knew it was gonna be difficult with five starters out due to international duty.
A makeshift lineup got off to a positive start as the team came out on the front foot and were bringing the game to New York in the early stages. That momentum came to a screeching halt in the 37th minute when rookie Jacori Hayes received his second yellow card and was sent off. Sure enough, minutes later New York capitalized on the man advantage and took the lead.
At halftime fans had to be thinking “Here we go again.” But to many people’s surprise, FC Dallas came out strong in the second half and got the equalizer with Hernan Grana’s first of the year.
Moments later New York scores and takes the lead again. “Here we go again” times two. FC Dallas pushed and pushed and got another equalizer through a penalty earned by Michael Barrios and taken by Mauro Diaz.
The game ended at 2-2 after numerous opportunities for both sides in an incredibly entertaining and back and forth game. While it wasn’t the three points they maybe wanted, it’s hard to be disappointed when you come back twice while a man down.
In the postgame press conference, head coach Oscar Pareja spoke about how proud of the effort and heart that his team showed. It wasn’t a win, but hopefully this performance can be something the team builds on, as they look to get their season back on track.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- TweetCap: Fans react to Cowboys primetime loss
- Why Rangers fans should be excited for Game 7 of the NLCS at Globe Life Field
- Strange year continues as Mavs offseason buzz is picking up in… October?
- Dallas Cowboys Stock Report: Week 5
- Globe Life Field makes history in NLCS with something it’s been lacking: fans
- Season Outlook: Expectations following Prescott’s injury?
- Cowboys fans try to come to grips with the emotions of the Dak Prescott injury
- DSF Recap: Emotional win gives Dallas first place in NFC East
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars take Mavrik Borque, look ahead to options in Free Agency
- The Rangers enter the offseason with some tough decisions on veteran players