Unfortunately, the winless streak did not end for FC Dallas Saturday night, as the streak extended to seven games without a win in MLS play after their 2-2 tie against the New York Red Bulls. However, this result definitely left a better feeling than other games during the stretch.
While FC Dallas usually expects three points from their home games, Saturday night was a little different. Going into the match, FC Dallas knew it was gonna be difficult with five starters out due to international duty.
A makeshift lineup got off to a positive start as the team came out on the front foot and were bringing the game to New York in the early stages. That momentum came to a screeching halt in the 37th minute when rookie Jacori Hayes received his second yellow card and was sent off. Sure enough, minutes later New York capitalized on the man advantage and took the lead.
At halftime fans had to be thinking “Here we go again.” But to many people’s surprise, FC Dallas came out strong in the second half and got the equalizer with Hernan Grana’s first of the year.
Moments later New York scores and takes the lead again. “Here we go again” times two. FC Dallas pushed and pushed and got another equalizer through a penalty earned by Michael Barrios and taken by Mauro Diaz.
The game ended at 2-2 after numerous opportunities for both sides in an incredibly entertaining and back and forth game. While it wasn’t the three points they maybe wanted, it’s hard to be disappointed when you come back twice while a man down.
In the postgame press conference, head coach Oscar Pareja spoke about how proud of the effort and heart that his team showed. It wasn’t a win, but hopefully this performance can be something the team builds on, as they look to get their season back on track.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Problems arise in Mavericks worst loss of the season to the Rockets
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?
- Mavericks’ rookie Josh Green embraces the ‘dirty work’
- Three things to watch for as the Mavericks travel to San Antonio
- Reactions after Mavs snap three-game losing streak against Pacers
- Mavericks visit the Pacers as both teams fight through major injuries
- Three takeaways as the depleted Mavericks lose their third straight to Toronto
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start