Through a little more than a quarter of the season, who has been the most impressive player for you?
Juwan: Tyler Smith. My main talking point throughout the offseason was it appeared the Cowboys were very reliant on unproven talent or just chose not to have adequate depth in case of injury. Frankly, I thought this was one of the worst constructed offenses I’ve seen from the front office. And a large part of that was how many question marks lay on the offensive line. Well, outside of the few snaps he was matched with Aaron Donald, Smith has kept the quarterback clean. If this is his floor you have to be excited about where he could go from here.
Nate: I think the obvious answer is Micah Parsons. As of now, he is the Defensive Player of the Year. He has been the best player on the best defense in the NFL and he has absolutely wrecked several games already. That’s an easy answer. I think an under-the-radar impressive guy for Dallas so far has been Malik Hooker. He is the best safety Dallas has had in a very long time and he is playing the best football of his career. Through five games, Hooker has allowed just two receptions for five yards in coverage while also bringing in his first interception of the season on Sunday. He’s been consistently rock solid for the Cowboys on the back end and has provided the stability they’ve lacked on the back end of the defense for years.
- Stars Notebook: Hintz signs 8-year extension; Robertson, Benn enjoying fast starts
- The Rangers take a first step this offseason with staff additions, what’s next?
- An early look at what the Texas Rangers need to address in the offseason
- Texas Legends Media Day: Chemistry and connection that is our theme
- Despite Weather Obstacles, Rangers Taylor Hearn Made a Memorable Weekend for the Kids