When the Mavericks made a trip up to Salt Lake City back at the end of January for two straight games against the Jazz, they were in a bad, bad way. Dallas was in the middle of what would eventually be their season long six-game losing streak that eventually dropped their record to 8-13. The Mavs didn’t just lose a couple close games to the Jazz, they were absolutely destroyed by the first-place team in the west. Losing both games by a combined 31 points. The games were so bad and timed in the middle of the losing streak that they even caused me to tweet out something like this.
Does Rick Carlisle see the end of February? These players just aren't bringing what it takes and someone has to eventually pay the price.
— Dylan Duell (@DylanDuell) January 30, 2021
It was silly in hindsight, but man those games were tough.
Since then, the Jazz haven’t really taken any sort of step back as they still have the best record in the league at 39-11 overall and with a nine-game winning streak entering Monday night’s game at the American Airlines Center. The Mavericks have since turned their season around with a record of 18-7 since February 6th. Dallas can’t match a nine-game winning streak, but they will bring their own respectable four game winning streak into Monday night’s game.
The Mavericks could potentially be without both Kristaps Porzingis (wrist sprain) and Josh Richardson (left calf tightness) as they both missed Saturday night’s win against the Wizards. Maxi Kleber is expected to return to the lineup after a one game absence.
While Monday night’s game isn’t the be-all end-all of measuring sticks for the improving Mavericks, it could certainly give the team a major confidence boost after so forcefully handled by the Jazz earlier in the season.
|Points per game||Luka Doncic (28.6)||Donovan Mitchell (25.5)|
|Rebounds per game||Kristaps Porzingis (8.9)||Rudy Gobert (13.2)|
|Assists per game||Luka Doncic (8.8)||Tie – Donovan Mitchell/Mike Conley (5.5)|
Monday night’s game will have an early tip-off at 6 PM from the American Airlines Center. According to oddsshark,com, Utah is currently favored by 5.5 points.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- What to watch for as the Mavericks host the Cavs
- Mavericks hold on to force fourth-straight loss for Irving, Nets
- Photos: Mavs vs Nets (May 6, 2021)
- Five realistic free agents Dallas should consider post-draft
- NFL Draft Review: How much potential does Wright have to contribute?
- What to watch for as the Mavs look to knock off the Nets
- Getting to know the Dallas Cowboys third round picks: Osa Odighizuwa, Chauncey Golston and Nashon Wright
- NFL Draft Review: Golston gives size, length to remolded defense
- Three takeaways from the Mavericks big win over the Heat
- NFL Draft Review: Odighizuwa can be disruptive for interior line