Reports have leaked that there is severe discontent inside the Dallas Cowboys locker room following their 38-18 Monday night loss to the Arizona Cardinals (4-2).
Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on the type of person you are, the Cowboys still sit in sole possession of the first place in the NFC East.
Their next two games are both divisional matchups against Washington and the Philadelphia Eagles. But, after another disappointing loss, can this team recover?
Faith is lacking in this new Cowboys coaching staff as whispers begin to fill headlines.
One player is calling the coaching staff “totally unprepared.”
Another quote: “They don’t teach” or “have any sense of adjusting on the fly.”
And another player: The Cowboys coaches “just aren’t good at their jobs.”
Those quotes come via Jane Slater of NFL Network, and they come after another loss dropped the Cowboys to 2-4.
It also comes after a week where doubts of “effort,” accusations of “softness,” and “confusions” continued to be tagged on a defense that has been historically bad through six games.
Head coach Mike McCarthy recently said he has “very high confidence in (defensive coordinator) Mike Nolan. We’re going to stay the course. We’re on top of where we are.” Owner Jerry Jones on Tuesday gave both coaches a sort of “vote of confidence.”
However, given how bad this defensive unit has been, questions of where to place blame for their performance have continued to circulate.
Player effort, the complexity of the scheme, or simply talent?
“I refuse to be a one-call defense,” McCarthy said, defending the complexity of his defensive scheme that’s been broached by linebacker Jaylon Smith. “That’s not the path.”
The 2020 Dallas Cowboys appear to be imploding in front of our very eyes. Jason Garrett is free from Dallas media scrutiny. Dak Prescott isn’t here to hide on-field issues. And the defense isn’t talented enough to overcome a system that does not fit this team.
So, where does the team go from here?
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- The 2021 Texas Rangers are actually pretty exciting
- What to watch for as Dallas heads north to face the Cavaliers
- First leg of the 2021 Texas Derby results in a 1-1 draw for FC Dallas
- The Good, the Bad, and the not so Ugly of the Texas Rangers the last few weeks
- What to watch for as the Mavericks host the Cavs
- Mavericks hold on to force fourth-straight loss for Irving, Nets
- Photos: Mavs vs Nets (May 6, 2021)
- Five realistic free agents Dallas should consider post-draft
- NFL Draft Review: How much potential does Wright have to contribute?
- What to watch for as the Mavs look to knock off the Nets