The NFL’s Pro Bowl rosters were announced on Tuesday, and four Dallas Cowboys are headed to The Sunshine State to play in the all-star game on Jan. 28, 2018.
The offensive line will be well represented with the selections of Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick and Zack Martin. This is the fourth consecutive year that the trio has been voted in to the game together. Smith’s season was ridden with injury that affected his play at times, but voters still recognized the impact he had on the field.
On the defensive side, fourth-year veteran DeMarcus Lawrence earned his first Pro Bowl nomination, and rightfully so. The defensive end has had a killer season and is among the NFL’s pass rushing elite. Lawrence currently ranks third in the league with 13.5 total sacks, and there’s still more football to be played.
The Cowboys ranked fourth among the league in number of Pro Bowlers this season. The Philadelphia Eagles and New Orleans Saints both had six picks while the Pittsburgh Steelers sit on top with eight selections.
Who was snubbed? According to Cowboys Nation, the entire roster! But one of the biggest arguments is for punter Chris Jones. Todd Archer of ESPN said that Jones had a Pro Bowl season. The sixth-year pro allowed the fewest punt return yards of any regular punter through 14 games. P.S. I can’t stop talking about his fake punt from Sunday, so there’s that. So, I agree with Archer on this one. But I have to say, Chris Jones is the only Cowboys “Pro Bowl snub” argument I’m here for.
- In the thick of October, an early Texas Rangers Opening Day roster prediction
- Victory Avenue Podcast, Ep. 28: The Ticket’s Jake Kemp joins for a Season Preview Roundtable!
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: 2021 Season Starts With High Expectations
- Media Roundup: Where are the Cowboys ranked nationally?
- Rank ‘Em: Deciding which of Dallas’ five games were the most impressive
- Yet another statement: Cowboys roll another divisional opponent
- Sidekicks coach Pablo Da Silva speaks to DSF about the upcoming season
- DSF Roundup: Writers share final thoughts on Dallas’ divisional game
- Which areas of the roster should the Rangers focus more on this offseason?
- DSF Mailbag: Who’s been more vital to this defense’s success? Diggs or Parsons?