The Dallas Cowboys are 1-1 after one of the most improbable wins in franchise history. The Cowboys had three turnovers in the first quarter and trailed 20-0 after one. The Cowboys did not hold a lead for one second of the game but found a way to win the game.
With the Cowboys trailing by 9 with just over three minutes to go in the game, the Atlanta Falcons win probability was 99.9%.
The Cowboys scored the final 10 points to escape with a one point win, 40-39. The Falcons are the first team in NFL history to lose despite scoring at least 39 points while committing zero turnovers.
Dak Prescott became the first quarterback in NFL history to throw for 450 yards and rushing for three touchdowns in the same game. This was a performance that I have been waiting for personally.
Dak is now 4-1 in games where he throws for at least 400 yards. Tony Romo was 0-5 in those games.
In this game, Dak didn’t let the circumstances around him impact his play despite them not being ideal having to play without both of starting offensive tackles.
I want to see this carry over on the road in Seattle on Sunday.
Joe Thomas has been the unsung hero for the past couple of seasons with the injuries at linebacker. He filled in Sunday and looked like the best LB on the field accumulating 12 tackles.
Demarcus Lawrence / Pass rush
Demarcus Lawrence was only able to play 28 unimpressive snaps on Sunday. It was another game without a sack for the $21 million defensive end. He now has gone without sack since last Thanksgiving. He’s still a very effective player in the run game but when he signed that contract before the 2019 season, the expectations were well above the level he is currently playing at.
He’s not alone as the Cowboys only have two sacks through the first two weeks of the season. Pressure will be important on Sunday against Russell Wilson and the explosive Seahawks offense.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Reliving the best moment in Texas Rangers history 10 years later: Winning that first AL Pennant
- Dallas Cowboys Stock Report: Week 6
- Season Outlook: Predicting the Cowboys final 2020 record
- Can the Dallas Cowboys recover from another blowout loss?
- TweetCap: Fans react to Cowboys primetime loss
- Why Rangers fans should be excited for Game 7 of the NLCS at Globe Life Field
- Strange year continues as Mavs offseason buzz is picking up in… October?
- Dallas Cowboys Stock Report: Week 5
- Globe Life Field makes history in NLCS with something it’s been lacking: fans
- Season Outlook: Expectations following Prescott’s injury?