The Dallas Cowboys are 1-3 and a mess after losing 49-38 to the Cleveland Browns on Sunday.
The final score doesn’t quite tell the entire story of the game. The Cowboys trailed 41-14 after the third quarter and actually had a chance to win the game but another defensive breakdown allowed Odell Beckham Jr. to score on a 50 yard touchdown run. Odell scored three touchdowns on the day.
Speaking of that defense, they have now allowed at least 38 points in three straight games and have given up 146 points in 4 games, which sits them pretty comfortably in last place in that category. (36.5 per game)
The offense isn’t helping with 9 turnovers in the last three games.
It does appear the Cowboys have reinforcements on defense coming with Randy Gregory returning to practice and Leighton Vander Esch is starting to ramp up his on field activities. Gregory can’t play until after week 6 and Vander Esch is expected back in 3-4 weeks.
The Cowboys 2020 first round pick has been as advertised in his first month of his NFL career. On Sunday, Lamb scored his first two NFL touchdowns while bringing in 5 catches for 79 yards. Lamb has 21 catches and 309 yards on the season.
Lamb has already set the franchise record for rookies with those 21 catches in his first four career games. The previous record was 17.
The Jaylon Smith comeback stories will live on forever. For him to make it back and play in the NFL is a miracle but he continues to show he’s incapable of doing things NFL linebackers are able to do.
The front office has made its share of mistakes over the years and the Smith contract extension ranks up there with the worst of them in recent memory.
Because Smith is one of the highest paid players, him and DeMarcus Lawrence are the players being called out the most on this historically bad defense but it’s definitely not only them.
The Cowboys need more from Everson Griffen, Trysten Hill and Daryl Worley to only name a few.
Darian Thompson should be replaced but the Cowboys front office has been unwilling to bring in reinforcements to this point.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Season Outlook: Predicting the Cowboys final 2020 record
- Can the Dallas Cowboys recover from another blowout loss?
- TweetCap: Fans react to Cowboys primetime loss
- Why Rangers fans should be excited for Game 7 of the NLCS at Globe Life Field
- Strange year continues as Mavs offseason buzz is picking up in… October?
- Dallas Cowboys Stock Report: Week 5
- Globe Life Field makes history in NLCS with something it’s been lacking: fans
- Season Outlook: Expectations following Prescott’s injury?
- Cowboys fans try to come to grips with the emotions of the Dak Prescott injury
- DSF Recap: Emotional win gives Dallas first place in NFC East