The Dallas Cowboys snapped a three game losing streak with a dominating 44-21 win over the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday. The 7-7 Cowboys take on the 7-7 Philadelphia Eagles with a chance to clinch the NFC East for the second straight season.
Travis Frederick (5th selection), Tyron Smith (7th selection), Zack Martin (6th selection) and Ezekiel Elliott (3rd selection) were named to the Pro Bowl on Tuesday.
Dak Prescott, La’el Collins and Amari were all left out of the Pro Bowl but I would imagine they will all be on the roster once all the alternates are announced.
Jourdan Lewis recorded his 4th sack on Sunday, which is tied for the second-most in Cowboys’ history by a defensive back.
Prescott was listed as limited at Wednesday’s practice due to a right shoulder injury that is not expected to keep him out of Sunday’s game.
With the Cowboys banged up at the linebacker position, former Super Bowl MVP Malcolm Smith was signed on Tuesday and the hope is that he can play Sunday.
Cowboys Offensive Line
The Cowboys offensive line has been somewhat disappointing during the 2019 season based on the standards they have set in the previous years. Sunday was a different story, the Cowboys rushed for 263 yards and held all-pro Aaron Donald in check. Elliott and Tony Pollard both rushed for over 100 yards in the same game for the second time this season.
There is no doubt that Sunday was the best game that we have seen from Sean Lee this season. He recorded a sack for the first time since 2015 and his 4th sack in his career along with his 14th career interception. The 14 INTs are fourth all-time in Cowboys history by a linebacker. Antwaun Woods also deserves some credit for setting the tone for the defense and holding Todd Gurley 20 rushing yards on 11 carries.
Kai Forbath kickoffs
After cutting Brett Maher, Kai Forbath made all three of his field-goal attempts, including his first from 50+ yards since 2017. However, Forbath did kick two kickoffs out of bounds during the game. Field position has been a big issue for the Cowboys this season and has played a part in why the team is 7-7 heading into Week 16.
Michael Bennett has been a positive since being acquired from the New England Patriots. He leads the team in sacks since the bye week with four. The reason his stock is down is because of his inability to line up correctly for whatever reason. Since being acquired, he has committed seven defensive offsides/neutral one infraction/encroachment penalties. On Sunday, it cost the Cowboys a chance to get off the field.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Three Rangers with the most future money on the line in a condensed 2020 season
- ‘We all got a little more extra juice now’: Kristaps Porzingis on the NBA season restart
- Summer Camp begins for the Rangers; four things to pinpoint before the season starts
- Spieth and many other big names out as the PGA Tour heads to Detroit for the Rocket Mortgage Classic
- FC Dallas in the spotlight due to to nine reported positive COVID-19 tests in Orlando
- A Dak Prescott decision needs to made
- Dustin Johnson wins the Traveler’s Championship on Sunday with weather delays
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep. 1: Notes on the planned 2020 season
- What to expect from the WNBA 2020 season
- News of COVID-19 cases continues tough month of off-field happenings for Rangers