The Dallas Cowboys suffered their third straight loss against the New York Jets 24-22. The Cowboys now sit 3-3 heading into a division showdown with the Philadelphia Eagles with the winner taking sole possession of the first place.
The Cowboys returned to the practice field on Wednesday without Tyron Smith, La’el Collins, Anthony Brown, Byron Jones and Randall Cobb. All are in question for Sunday night’s game.
Travis Frederick also missed practice on Wednesday but it was not injury-related.
Tyrone Crawford was put on IR with season-ending hip surgery. We might have seen the last Crawford in a Cowboys uniform.
On the other side, Desean Jackson, Jason Peters and Darren Sproles all missed practice for the Eagles. Ronald Darby was limited as he tries to work his way back from a hamstring injury.
With the injuries to Anthony Brown and Byron Jones, Jourdan Lewis was forced to play 37 snaps on defense and he was able to come away with an interception deep in their own territory that kept the game 21-9. Lewis now has 3 interceptions in his three-year career in mostly limited snaps, which is more than Jones has in his five-year career.
Robert Quinn has undoubtedly been the best player on the under-performing Cowboys defense. On Sunday, Quinn had two more sacks to bring his season total to five. Quinn leads the Cowboys in quarterback pressures with 16.
Demarcus Lawrence is off to a very disappointing start in 2019 after signing a long-term extension this off-season. Lawrence only has 2.5 sacks through six games and in Sunday’s game, he was credited with just two solo tackles. To begin the season, the numbers showed that he was being doubled more than any edge rusher in the NFL so that explained the lack of production but the latest numbers show that Quinn is actually being doubled more than Lawrence now.
To me, the biggest challenge Lawrence is having is the lack of an true off-season. He held off on his shoulder surgery until his contract situation was resolved so he was unable to participate in any of the OTAs, mini-camps or training camp and because of that, he is battling all sorts of injuries as he also recovers from the shoulder surgery.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- ‘We all got a little more extra juice now’: Kristaps Porzingis on the NBA season restart
- Summer Camp begins for the Rangers; four things to pinpoint before the season starts
- Spieth and many other big names out as the PGA Tour heads to Detroit for the Rocket Mortgage Classic
- FC Dallas in the spotlight due to to nine reported positive COVID-19 tests in Orlando
- A Dak Prescott decision needs to made
- Dustin Johnson wins the Traveler’s Championship on Sunday with weather delays
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep. 1: Notes on the planned 2020 season
- What to expect from the WNBA 2020 season
- News of COVID-19 cases continues tough month of off-field happenings for Rangers
- Several Rangers employees test positive for COVID-19; what does this mean for the potential home opener?