The Dallas Cowboys started their 2020 with a 20-17 loss against the Los Angeles Rams Sunday night. It was a disappointing loss for a multitude of reasons. None bigger than the overall performance of the offense.
The Cowboys will host the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday afternoon looking to avoid an 0-2 start.
Ezekiel Elliott started his 2020 season with 22 carries for 96 yards and a touchdown. He also added in 3 catches for 31 yards and touchdown in the receiving game.
To me, this opening day performance was impressive because it’s the best I’ve seen him look in a Week 1 game since his rookie season. He looked explosive and he showed an ability to make defenders miss.
What a Cowboys debut for Aldon Smith. Smith recorded 10 tackles and a sack in his first game in five years and looked like the best defender on the Cowboys team.
Zeke when asked if he’s surprised that Smith could play at such a high level after not playing for five years: “I’m not surprised at all. When you look at him, he’s a physical specimen.”
Demarcus Lawrence said that Smith has helped him with his footwork and fundamentals.
It appears the Cowboys have once again failed to properly address the safety position.
They signed Haha Clinton-Dix during free agency but he was released before the season started. After watching week 1, I can’t imagine how bad Haha had to be during camp to not beat out Thompson.
I would expect newly acquired Brandon Carr will see some snaps this Sunday after not playing any snaps in Los Angeles.
Leighton Vander Esch
I had serious concerns coming into the season regarding Vander Esch despite being told he was feeling great throughout the offseason. It’s tough to play football when you have had the neck injury Leighton has. He got out there Sunday night and almost immediately fractured his collarbone. While he’s expected to be able to return in 6-8 weeks because it was clean fracture, I have my doubts on him being able to do so and play at a high level.
Linebacker is now a huge concern for the Cowboys with Jaylon Smith not playing well and Sean Lee our until mid-October due to hernia surgery.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Join Rangers Kyle Gibson and Big League Impact and Play Topgolf for Charity
- DSF Q&A: Five questions for Dallas after 40-39 win over Atlanta
- Game Recap: Cowboys win against all odds against Falcons
- Former SMU Mustang Bryson DeChambeau wins US Open at Winged Foot
- Are the 2020 circumstances in baseball benefitting the Rangers’ development?
- The Stars take game one handily thanks to Khudobin and defensemen scoring
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Finals Preview
- Game Preview: Dallas Cowboys vs Atlanta Falcons
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 13: Hanging out with Jared Sandler
- DSF Players to Watch: Which Falcons should Dallas watch out for?