The four-game suspension placed by the NFL is up and David Irving is eligible to resume playing Week 5.
The Dallas Cowboys will host the Green Bay Packers in AT&T Stadium next Sunday after having suffered a tough loss against the Rams last week, which now leaves the Cowboys standing at 2-2.
The veteran pass rusher will be re-joining this season’s star, Demarcus Lawrence, to hopefully prevent this team from a two-game losing streak before heading into the bye week.
Irving was named Player of the Week for Week 6 for his outstanding performance against the Packers last season, which was nearly a year ago. He not only had one sack, one pass deflection and one fumble recovery, he also tied a team record with three forced fumbles matching DeMarcus Ware in 2005.
Wow! Packers fumble the ball following a David Irving sack on the 3 yard line.
— Jane Slater (@SlaterNFL) October 16, 2016
It is vital that the Cowboys shut down QB Aaron Rodgers early and often during the game to ensure the Packers do not catch any momentum. Time and time again we have seen Rodgers bring his team back to life at the last minute, but that’s where Irving comes in. Lawrence has been having a magnificent season thus far, now it is up to Irving to step up for this rocky Cowboys defense.
Irving is entering a contract year with the Cowboys after costing himself the first four games of this season. He had an impressive 2016 season, but what the Cowboys staff should be looking for is consistency. It is a new year and a new season that has been an unpredictable one so far. With having already missed a big chunk of the season, Irving must be prepared to contribute defensively. This is the time to get paid.
His potential is definitely there, now it’s time to turn this Cowboys defense around.
Irving is returning to the game not a moment too soon.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
/ 3 months ago
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Three Rangers needing to click for team success in 2020
- Rangers slugger Joey Gallo tests positive for COVID-19
- SMU alum Bryson DeChambeau comes back to win in Michigan
- Four observations from the Rangers first intrasquad game on Sunday
- One year later, Mavs free agency signings of 2019 are proving their worth
- Three Rangers with the most future money on the line in a condensed 2020 season
- ‘We all got a little more extra juice now’: Kristaps Porzingis on the NBA season restart
- Summer Camp begins for the Rangers; four things to pinpoint before the season starts
- Spieth and many other big names out as the PGA Tour heads to Detroit for the Rocket Mortgage Classic
- FC Dallas in the spotlight due to to nine reported positive COVID-19 tests in Orlando