Cowboys fans have been anticipating the return of Zeke to the field amid the pending appeal of his current six-game suspension and the running back did not disappoint.
Elliott played the first series of the game and ended the night with 10 snaps. He had six carries for 18 yards and an additional six yards from hauling in two passes.
He even fueled the crowd with his signature “feed Zeke” gesture that had fans hype
“It was good to see him play,” said Coach Jason Garrett via SportsDay. “He looked like himself.”
It is highly unlikely that Elliot will participate in the final Cowboys preseason game, but fear not, Cowboys fans. He also played only one preseason game last year against Seattle and still managed to lead the NFL in rushing yards.
This could potentially be the last time we see Zeke until Oct. 29 depending on whether the appeal holds up or not. Elliott is currently not eligible to play in the regular season.
He will miss practice on Monday and Tuesday in order to prepare for his appeal of the suspension. The official hearing is on Tuesday.
Many possible time frays have been speculated and tossed around, but the truth is that we shouldn’t stick to any expectations.
If the suspension is upheld, Elliott will likely take this matter to courts to obtain an injunction which would allow him to play. But without a challenge, we will not be seeing any more of No. 21 until week eight against the Washington Redskins.
- Quote Board: Mavs players react to dramatic win over the Trail Blazers
- Photo: Mavs vs Blazers (January 17, 2020)
- A look back at the last time the Cowboys played on Championship Sunday
- Ex-Cowboys HC Jason Garrett reportedly lands with Giants as OC
- Concerning trend of early deficits continuing for the Stars
- Mavericks Midseason Roundtable: Meeting Expectations, Trade Deadline Moves, & Playoff Predictions
- Sabres close out season series versus Dallas 2-0
- Dallas Wings release expanded 2020 schedule featuring inaugural Commissioner’s Cup
- A couple takeaways from the Mavs 127-123 win over the Kings
- Mavericks blowout Warriors for third time this season