Ezekiel Elliott’s six-game suspension remains, but it looks like he may be fed a few more times before his punishment goes into effect. Arbiter Harold Henderson upheld the original decision made by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell after three days of testimony from Elliott, experts and witnesses. But because of the timing of the decision, the star running back will be eligible to play in the season opener against the giants.
The NFL tweeted an explanation Tuesday evening:
Further explanation of why Ezekiel Elliott will play Week One: pic.twitter.com/RfndmKgAnv
— Brian McCarthy (@NFLprguy) September 6, 2017
I don’t know about you guys, but following this story and all of it’s moving parts is something like working a 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle with a bunch of law jargon. It hurts. What I can tell you with certainty, though, is this isn’t the end of this story.
Last Thursday, the NFLPA filed a motion for a temporary restraining order that (if granted) would freeze Elliott’s suspension while he/NFLPA pursue a case to permanently overturn the suspension. The NFLPA cited that the league process was “fundamentally unfair.”
The hearing took place Tuesday night in Sherman, Texas before US District Judge Amos Mazzant, III, and it will take a few days for a decision to be made. Elliott is expected to participate in full-pads practice today, per Todd Archer of ESPN.
If the TRO is denied, Elliott’s suspension will begin in Week 2, and he’ll be eligible to play again in Week 9. And if that’s the case, Elliott’s attorneys have already expressed a desire to take things up in federal court. If the TRO is granted, Elliott can continue to play as he possibly pursues a lawsuit to have the suspension overturned permanently.
The saga continues.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Five Key Points: Previewing Dallas (3) vs Calgary (7)
- Tim Hardaway Jr. and Mavs role players step up to handle the Jazz in the second half
- What to watch for as Mavericks take on the Jazz
- 23-year-old Collin Morikawa wins the PGA Championship
- Rangers sweep Angels thanks to oddities and a Lance Lynn milestone
- No shortage of amazement for Luka Doncic’s insane pass late in the Mavs win over the Bucks
- An all-time Luka performance leads the Mavs past the Bucks in overtime
- Have the Rangers turned the tide of their 2020 season in the last several days?
- What to watch for as Mavs face Bucks on ESPN
- Takeaways from Mike McCarthy speaking to the media Friday