Quarterback Dak Prescott was added to the injury report on Thursday after being limited in practice due to right ankle soreness.
Dak revealed the news during his media session and insisted that he is fine and it was just a shoe issue. Prescott said that he was trying out some Jordan 11 cleats and didn’t like the way they felt. He said he did not roll or tweak his ankle.
“I feel great. I still feel the best that I’ve felt in a very, very long time…I’m good to go. I promise you.”
He said it was the same ankle that he injured in 2020. The team is “just being very, very cautious…I’m just excited and ready for Sunday.”
Prescott said that he plans to switch back to the Jordan 1 cleats that he had been wearing. When asked if his ankle would be an issue on Sunday, he said “no, no. Not at all. Not a chance.”
Michael Gallup was in full pads on Thursday as he continues to work his way back from his torn ACL. He is unlikely to play on Sunday, but I wouldn’t rule anything out after that.
- Offensive Review: Is play action the key to Dallas’ success?
- Three questions leading into the 2022-23 season for the Dallas Mavericks
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes at Mavs Media Day 2022
- The two biggest factors heading into Monday night
- Analyzing how the Rangers have fared in the “pivotal inning” this season