Well, first, it’s NBA “beef” so don’t expect a caged mixed martial arts match. This feels more like Steve Austin slamming WWE chairman and CEO Vince MacMahon stone cold into a well-cushioned mat.
Either way, recently named All-Star reserve John Wall wasn’t thrilled about the Wizards’ 98-75 loss in Dallas. The guard finished with 11 points, 5 assists and 4 turnovers. But a brief dust-up with Mavs guard J.J. Barea ultimately developed into strong comments expressed after the game.
— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) January 23, 2018
With a double-digit fourth quarter lead, it initially appeared as if Barea was jokingly reacting to a comment from Wall after earning an offensive foul. After a brief interrogation the typical NBA ‘war of words’ began until Barea was also assessed a technical foul.
John Wall called JJ Barea “just a little midget trying to get mad.” Barea responds by saying he finally has someone in the NBA he doesn’t like. “I don’t think his teammates like him, either.”
— Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) January 23, 2018
“[Wall] was trying to be a tough guy but he’s not,” Barea told the Dallas Morning News following the win. “He wasn’t like that before, a couple years ago. He probably changed.
“So now I have somebody in the NBA that I don’t like. It’s my first. I don’t like him at all now. But I don’t think his teammates like him, either. So it’s nothing new for him.”
Of course, Wall offered his own perspective on the exchange.
John Wall on the little dust-up between himself and J.J. Barea in the fourth quarter:
“It was cool to me, it was funny. Just a little midget trying to get mad. So, I paid him no mind.”
— Candace Buckner (@CandaceDBuckner) January 23, 2018
Maybe if Wall were a little mad, a little closer to tip-off, the Wizards wouldn’t have lost by 23 points to a team chasing its 17th win tonight against the Houston Rockets.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 2: Iffy testing procedures and a look into the 2020 schedule
- Shin-Soo Choo continuing to help the Rangers organization on and off the field
- Jordan Spieth and other top pros return for the Workday Charity Classic
- Evaluating the new 2020 Rangers regular season schedule