Former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee announced his retirement Monday afternoon after 11 seasons with the team.
Lee was a two-time Pro Bowler and 2016 All-Pro linebacker while a member of the Cowboys. Lee left a farewell letter to fans and the Jones family after his great career with the organization.
Retired Cowboys LB Sean Lee pens a farewell letter. “Thank you, Cowboys Nation. It has been my honor.” Some levity when thanking franchise’s athletic trainers. “Lord knows you earned your money working with me.” pic.twitter.com/NyA7VsT7bv
— Michael Gehlken (@GehlkenNFL) April 26, 2021
Lee finishes his career with 802 tackles, 14 interceptions, 60 tackles for loss and two defensive touchdowns.
The Cowboys selected Lee in the second round (55th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft. The Cowboys traded their second round (59th overall) and their fourth round picks (125th overall) in the 2010 NFL Draft to the Philadelphia Eaglesin order to move up from to 55th overall in the second round to select Lee.
It was speculated that his considerable fall from the first round was due to his history of injuries, that included a torn ACL on the right knee and partially torn ACL on the left knee during his last two seasons at Penn State, and through 2017, injuries have indeed prevented Lee from playing a full season’s slate of NFL games. Lee was the fourth linebacker selected in the draft.
This past season, on March 24, 2020, Lee re-signed with the Cowboys on a one-year deal.
He was placed on injured reserve on September 7. On September 16, it was revealed that Lee had underwent a sports hernia surgery, requiring at least six weeks to recover. He was activated on October 31, and finished the season with 20 tackles in nine games.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- What to watch for as the Mavericks host the Cavs
- Mavericks hold on to force fourth-straight loss for Irving, Nets
- Photos: Mavs vs Nets (May 6, 2021)
- Five realistic free agents Dallas should consider post-draft
- NFL Draft Review: How much potential does Wright have to contribute?
- What to watch for as the Mavs look to knock off the Nets
- Getting to know the Dallas Cowboys third round picks: Osa Odighizuwa, Chauncey Golston and Nashon Wright
- NFL Draft Review: Golston gives size, length to remolded defense
- Three takeaways from the Mavericks big win over the Heat
- NFL Draft Review: Odighizuwa can be disruptive for interior line