The Dallas Mavericks will look to extend their winning streak to three games tonight as the Houston Rockets visit the AAC.
This will mark the Mavericks first look at the Rockets post-Harden era, in which Houston acquired Victor Oladipo.
The Mavericks have been hit hard by COVID with Josh Richardson, Dorian Finney-Smith, Dwight Powell, and Maxi Kleber all still out.
Rick Carlisle stated yesterday that the Mavericks have a chance to get “one or two” of their players back next week.
For the Rockets, they’ve been hit with the injury bug. John Wall has missed the last five games with an ankle injury. Christian Wood, Houston’s leading scorer, missed last nights game against the Pistons, also with an ankle injury.
Rockets coach Stephen Silas said yesterday following the Rockets victory against the Pistons that it’s doubtful Wall plays this weekend. Though, probably more problematic for Dallas, is Wood’s status for tonight. Consider him questionable.
KP has gradually continued to find his groove game-to-game, scoring at least 20 points in each of the last four games.
Porzingis scored 21 points on 50% shooting, including 3/5 from downtown and eight rebounds in last night’s win in San Antonio.
In tonight’s matchup, Porzingis should have an advantage based on Houston’s personnel. If Christian Wood is out, that would place DeMarcus Cousins in the starting lineup, as he was last night, mean KP should have a field day against Boogie on the offensive end.
The Mavs and Rockets tip-off tonight at 8PM.
- Six Underrated Heroes as the Texas Rangers Celebrate First World Series Title
- How do the Texas Rangers and Arizona Diamondbacks Match Up in the 2023 Fall Classic?
- Texas Rangers bound for World Series vs Diamondbacks in a euphoric state
- Previewing a Texas-Sized ALCS Between Rangers and Astros
- Despite a shaky finish, the Rangers still have the same focus on postseason success as they go to Tampa for the Wild Card series