No more slow starts
Here’s a pair of important stats for you, Mavs fans. Out of the 30 teams in the league, Dallas ranks dead last in opponents first quarter points, allowing 32.1 points. The Mavericks also rank 29th in average first quarter margin at -4.9. Those are no bueno, to say the least.
If you want to be successful in this league, you can’t just hand your opponent 30 points on a silver platter to start the game off. Though they’re facing off against another slumping team in the Wizards, the Mavericks can’t overlook the explosiveness of John Wall and Bradley Beal, who can score in bunches when hot.
Communication is key
To piggyback off the first point, improving at the defensive end of the floor is essential for Dallas’ success tonight and this season. Rick Carlisle preached the importance of being better on defense following the loss to the Knicks. “I’m so much more focused on defense that questions about our offense are very insignificant.”
A big aspect that needs fixing is the communication and talking on defense. There’s been numerous instances were coming off a pick, Mavs defenders get confused on the switch, giving up an easy bucket or roll to the basket. DeAndre Jordan must be the defensive anchor, calling out switches and improving his pick-and-roll defense for this team to rise from this current slump.
Changes to the rotation?
Rick Carlisle hinted that he might toy with “play lineups in shorter stints” going forward. That began against the Knicks as he began playing Wes Matthews in shorter spurts as he and Dorian Finney-Smith rotated in-and-out. Personally, I’d like to see more of Dennis on the floor without Luka. Staggering the minutes of these two when one is on the bench is important in helping each other get in a groove and play within themselves.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 2: Iffy testing procedures and a look into the 2020 schedule
- Shin-Soo Choo continuing to help the Rangers organization on and off the field
- Jordan Spieth and other top pros return for the Workday Charity Classic
- Evaluating the new 2020 Rangers regular season schedule
- Three Rangers needing to click for team success in 2020
- Rangers slugger Joey Gallo tests positive for COVID-19
- SMU alum Bryson DeChambeau comes back to win in Michigan
- Four observations from the Rangers first intrasquad game on Sunday
- One year later, Mavs free agency signings of 2019 are proving their worth